cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ABAP debug via WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Is someone can help me to resolve this mystery. I am trying to debug ABAP function that I call from Web Dynpro but I have got next error

" com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: 'WD_SKYI_RFC_METADATA_DEST' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider. Either the logical System Name 'WD_SKYI_RFC_METADATA_DEST' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections)"

The wry thing is that I do not get this message unless setup JCo connection for debug. I would like to mention that everything is fine when I ping or test connection by administration console.

Thanks in advance for your help and effort.

Kind Regards,

Aleksandar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Thanks for your help I successfully succeed to debug on ABAP side.

Cheers,

Aleksandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandar Stojanovic,

Wounder has this problem being solved? The reason is I receive an error if I run the WD application in the locally with the ABAP external debugger on.

However, the application working in local perfectly if the ABAP external debugger is off.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your JCo creation for METADATA.........Otherwise create 'WD_SKYI_RFC_METADATA_DEST' JCo Destination again, after creating JCo test there itself whether its working properly......

rajendrengovend
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandar,

make sure all your Jco connections are not using load-balancing(this applies especially when debugging down to R/3 system) and they're all defined properly(test each one again).

Regards,

Raj