cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edi

Former Member
0 Kudos

i just started studying edi . can somebody clarify me what are actually , 850 (order/po) , 855(order response), 860(for order change), 856 (del note), 850 ( for invoice). what are these? are these edi types. if there are some more then pleas e let me know a few more from sd point of view.. i am doing sd module. please help. i would appreciate if somebody could write a few words and explain me in a simpler manner rather than sending me complicated documentation links. or if at all something is there send me info at seemaroychowdhary@gmail.com

awards will be awarded. thanks in advacnce folks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

these are some standard EDI, for exanmple 850 for sales order and so on

Refer the following links for some EDI examples like quotation, sales order, purchase order, order confirmation, delivery notification,invoice verification etc.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/f0/4228f5a97311d2897a0000e8216438/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/f0/4228f5a97311d2897a0000e8216438/frameset.htm</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends, i dont want the idoc types, i looking for the edi types i guess or may be its the xml format for various doc types in sd as i mentioned earlier 850, 855 860,856,810 etc etc. i was told by somebody that probably they are the xml formats for these sd doc types when they are converted from idoc to xml formats with the help of third party system like webmethod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The numbers you are looking for a called EDI messages. They are configured and maintained as you said in a sub-system to SAP (or any other ERP), which in your case is Webmethod (we use Websphere Data Interchange). Here are some of the important messages that we transact.

816 - Organization Data - Usually sent by buyer to the vendor in order to make the vendor aware on responsiblilities at buyer's side. Like Buyer details, Ship to Details, Payer, Accounts etc.

832 - Price Sales catalog - Sent by vendor to the buyer before it can start ordering.

846 - Inventory Inquiry - Sent by vendor to the buyer to avail information on customer's current inventory data.

852 - Product activity data - Sent by Customer to the vendor so that the vendor could plan its production based on the sales activity of its products on the customer side.

850 - Purchase Order message from buyer to vendor.

830 - Planning schedule - This is an important message, that a buyer sends to its vendor, indicating what quantities are required by what date, so that the vendor can schedule deliveries accordingly without having to create multiple orders.

860 - Order Change message from buyer to vendor (followed only after 850).

855 - PO Acknowledgement - sent by vendor to the buyer after having received an 850 message.

865 - PO Change confirmation, sent by vendor to the buyer after having received a 860 from buyer.

869 - Order Status request - Sent by buyer to the vendor expecting a order response.

870 - Order Response - Sent by vendor to the buyer as an update on the order status (ORDRSP).

753 - Routing Request - Sent by vendor to the buyer to let the buyer know on what items the vendor is capable of shipping in a specified period. (this is when the suppply chain is buyer driven).

754 - Routing response - Sent by buyer to the vendor in response to the 753. This would indicate what to ship on which trailer and when to ship.

856 - Advance Ship Notice - Sent by vendor to the buyer as soon as the consignment leaves vendor's area for the customer ship to location. Will contain order, item and pack details.

810 - Invoice - Sent by vendor to the buyer after having sent an ASN.

820 - Remittance Advice - Sent by buyer to the vendor in response (not necessary) to the 810. It will contain the invoice #s paid off and the payment routing details.

Transportation messages:

204 - Bill of lading - Usually used to tender shipment routes to the carrier.

990 - Response from carriers on the tender.

204 - Pick Up - To inform the carrier on when to pick the consigned goods and relevant details.

214 - Empty trailer - To inform the carrier that the trailer is empty after having removed the consignment from the trailer into the customer location.

There are a lot more that this, but these are some of the widely used ones.

Hope that helped.

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Seema,

I am not sure what numbers are you talking about.

Basic Types available in SAP for PO/Order, Invoice, Delivery are:

ORDERS01 Purchasing/Sales

ORDERS02 Purchasing/Sales

ORDERS03 Purchasing/Sales

ORDERS04 Purchasing/Sales

ORDERS05 Purchasing/Sales

INVOIC01 Invoice/Billing document

INVOIC02 Invoice/Billing document

DELVRY01 Delivery interface

DELVRY02 Delivery interface with dangerous goods data

DELVRY03 Delivery interface

DELVRY04 Delivery interface