Approver ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i want to know some information about the

hierarchy information..............

about if a user A creates a SC,and B has to

approve it and after approval from B,it should go

to Approver C.........how does this happen?

i Mean the flow of the Document.

where can i see these assignments.?(T-Code)

how to search for the users approvers?

and also about the Value limit for the Approval,

where is the value assigned for every user and

who have to approve it.?

i have many more Questions in my mind..

may be from the above information i get ,

all will be cleared.

Thanx for the Information in Advance.

and Points Guarenteed.

Reagards

Arshad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya Atul/Disha,

i have gone for the T-Code SWIA as you said

the system is asking for the <b>Selection using work Item ID</b>

may be <b>Identification no:,</b>what should be given there so that

i can execute the T-Code,

and also i didnt get where the Approvers are assigned for a

particular user?

please let me know

thanx

Regards

Arshad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the tcode BBP_PD,for BUS2121(Shopping cart),enter the SC no you wnat to see the workflow deatils.In the next screen ,you will have a node called "WORKFLOW ITEM ".There you can see the workitem ID whcih needs to be entered in SWIA tcode.ALso in SWIA,dont enter anything in the fields "Creation Date" and 'Creation Time".

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Disha,

<b>Thank you very very Much for your Replies</b>,

can u help me in getting the Document from where

i can get an understanding of the Work Flow and all

that stuff.Instead of troubling you people all the time.

can you please send the Doc: to my ID

<i>arshadpro@rediffmail.com</i>

thanku

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arshad,

There are two types of Workflows :

1.Normal

2.Value Limit

1. In the first scenario, the approval flow goes in normal way of :

• Without Approval: Immediately assigns the status Released to shopping carts which contain low-value purchases that you want to pass through the EBP system without going through an approval procedure.

•One Step Approval: A single-level approval procedure for shopping carts with low procurement values. The manager of the employee’s organization unit is the approver.

•Two Step Approval: A multi-level approval procedure for procurement transactions with higher procurement values. The employee’s manager is the 1st approver. The 2nd approver is the manager at next level in the organization structure (manager’s manager.)

And so on, you can find n step approval also which is implemented through BADIS.

In the second Scenario :

• Spending Limit Workflow:

Started when an employee's spending limit (the value from which a shopping cart requires approval) is exceeded. The workflow determines the first person authorized to approve the shopping cart. This is a single-level workflow. To provide greater flexibility, the approver is determined on the basis of the value for an attribute SLAPPROVER (spending limit approver), not on the basis of the organizational plan

o The spending and the approval limits can be maintained per User, per Role, or in the organization structure (PPOMA_BBP) under the “Extended Attributes”

or it will be maintained in transaction <pfcg> for 'SAP_BBP_STAL_MANAGAER' and go to 'Personalization' tab and there also you can defind the values for Approval limit and Spending Limit.

oThis workflow is a one step approval:

if the approval limit for SLAPPROVER defined for the user who created the shopping cart is exceeded the work item is automatically sent SLAPPROVER defined for the original SLAPPROVER.

Example:

User: Employee

Spending Limit=$1000

SLAPPROVER=Manager

User: Manager

Spending Limit=$5000

Approval Limit=$1500

SLAPPROVER=Manager2

User: Manager2

Spending Limit=$10000

Approval Limit=$5000

SLAPPROVER=Manager3

User: Manager3

Spending Limit=$20000

Approval Limit=$10000

SLAPPROVER=Manager4

1) Employee creates shopping cart under $1000 – auto approved (within his spending limit.)

2) Employee creates shopping cart for $1200 – Routed to his SLAPPROVER Manager for approval (within his approval limit.)

3) Employee creates shopping cart for $3500 – Routed to Manager2 for approval (Can’t go to Manager since it exceeds his approval limit. “Jumps” to the SLAPPROVER for Manager and determines it is within the approval limit of Manager2.)

4) Employee creates shopping cart for $7000 – Routed to Manager3 for approval (Can’t go to Manager since it exceeds his approval limit. “Jumps” to the SLAPPROVER for Manager. Can’t go to Manager2 since it exceeds his approval limit. “Jumps” to the SLAPPROVER for Manager2 and determines it is within the approval limit of Manager3.)

You have n step approval also in this case as in that Approval flow goes in sequence way not like above.

Transactions we use :

SWI6 - For seeing the status of the approval workflow.

SWIA - Workitem display.

Please revert me for any further clarifications.

Regards,

kolachina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The doc flow for the Approval can be seen in the tcode SWIA.

Here you can see for a particular docuemnt say SC no,what is the sequence for approval.

In the EXTENDED ATTRIBUTES tab,the LOCAL VALUES are used to store the Approval limit and Spending limit for a User.These values can be maintained in the Org Structure,and also at the ROLE level i.e.In PFCG,for the role,under PERSONALISATION tab,values mainatined for parameters BBP_APPROVAL_LIMIT/BBP_SPENDING_LIMIT.

Also refer the foll link for more help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/17/40a86c773d6c41801d78af1a34b90f/frameset.htm

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try this Transaction <b>SWLD</b> you will see the Workflow Menu.

<u>Other related SRM Workflow Transaction Codes, that can be referred -></u>

- SWIA

- SWI1

- SWI2_FREQ

- SWIA

- SWI6

- SWI2_DIAG

- BBP_PD (Esp.. for Shopping cart details)

<u>Helpful Links -></u>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul