cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pls help! HTMLB content styling...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, question looks long but it's b/c I included some code fragments. From myunderstanding, iView certification requires branding and that means the use of the HTMLB tag library. I have a few questions on the content styling, I will use an html button as an example:

<b>1.)</b> Can I customize my own buttons inside the HTMLB tags or am I restricted only to the properties available in the HTMLB tag. For example, in the HTMLB button tag, can I try to do something like this with the 'regular' style property:

<hbj:button id="button"

text="Initial 228"

style="background-color: red;"/>

*I got an error when I tried to do this on my iView JSP.

<b>2.)</b> Is it possible to use the class property like:

text="Initial 228"

class="testStyleClass"/>

<b>3.)</b> Can I mix htmlb with regular html? For example:

text="Initial 228"

onClick="onInitialButtonClicked"/>

<input style="background-color: red; width: 50px; height: 20px;" type="button" value="Hello world!">

<b>4.)</b> Can I add event attributes to the htmlb tag:

text="Initial 228"

onmousedown="onInitialButtonClicked"/>

<b>5.)</b> From my understanding, the iView certification wants to prove that I know how to use the HTMLB tag library. So if hmtlb tags and my own 'regular' html can mix, how much of the content should be my own customized and how much of it has to be from htmlb library?

<b>Would my JSP with the above code mixing and added properties still be considered a certified iView?</b>

I am a little confused right now, and if possible, can you please provide some basic examples?, that would be very appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Baggett

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitzanlevi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

here some answers:

for questions 1 and 2 my answer would be that you are missing the whole point of htmlb and portal, the reason i'm saying that is that the point of portal and htmlb is that you control the styling and L&F via the portal administration and not during your code. so the htmlb uses its own CSS files and you can't change that.

regarding question number 3 the answer is yes you can do it, but again you will loose the option of controlling the L&F from the portal, and you might have two different styles in the same page, so i won't recommend it.

regarding question number 4 - i'm not 100% sure but i think you can't add your own events, you need to stick to the supported events per htmlb control (see the reference guide)

regarding question number 5 - none, as i answered before it is possible from technical point of view but it would be the wrong approach

i don't really know the iView certification process so i can't answer.

i hope that helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitzan, thanks so much for your response! I'm also still researching this, and developing my own iView, although I am mixing up html with some htmlb code.

Thanks again,

Baggett.