cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping: Constants 'Sender' / 'Receiver'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo

Can anyone of you tell me there I can find some information about the constants 'sender' and 'receiver' which can be found when designing the message mapping?

Kind regards,

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh

synchronous doesn't work in our scenario since the service provider needs some time (hours, days) to fulfill the task.

BTW: What does UTF mean?

Regards, Mathias

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I meant UDF --> User Defined Function.

If you want to continue with the current design, there is one pitfall which you must be aware of and create the RFC code correspondingly,

When you move objects from Dev to QA and so on in a typical landscape, the name of the Business System varies. So, you would need to make sure that the RFC code is dynamic enought to understand the name of the business system as you move across environments.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathias,

You can write a user defined function to get the sender system dynamically also. Check this help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b3/9a2aeb24dc4ab6b1855c99157529e4/content.htm

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish, thanks for that link!

@Hemant:

I have an asynchronous message A call scenario (SOAP->XI->RFC). In our scenario multiple clients can send SOAP messages to one service provider. Once the service provider has processed a request, it sends another asynchronous message B to XI containing response messages. But how can XI now handle the correct recipient at runtime?

Therefore I thought to enhance the initial message A from XI->RFC with sender information (sender constant?). So that the "response message" B also contains the original sender information and XI can use this information as context object to determine the correct receiving system.

Can this approach work?

Regards, Mathias

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mathias,

This approach will work as like pointed by Satish you can read the Sender Service in the message mapping with a UDF and populate it in the mapping.

But, why this approach? Why not make a synchronous call? Both SOAP and RFC adapters support synchronous calls and this would make more sense and you would not need to worry about the Correlatio of the request to the response and the correct Buss System as well

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u explain the scenario.

Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathias,

Sender give Sender Business system when you test your mapping and similarly reciver gives receiver business system. Check this SAP Help Function Category: Constants in this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/c4cdfc334824478090739c04c4a249/content.htm

---Satish