cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying dialog box., help me get rid of it

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been working in the XI Monitoring transaction SXMB_MONI. When I drill into "monitor for XML messages" to review one of my transactions and I click on the transaction to view it I receive a popup dialog box that states "Do you want to display the document or save it on the hard disk first?"

When I click on any of the details within the transaction I continue to get this message. I've searched high and low trying to figure out how to shut this dialog box off. Anyone know how to turn this off?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

bruce_hartley
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I may have an answer for you on this. By any chance, did you set up your inbound communication channel with the SOAP adapter and you are sending it plain HTTP XML instead?

I just ran into this because I'm using a simple HTTP tool handed to me in BIT-400 class - it works if the communication channel is is set up to use the SOAP adapter, but it pops that message - I didn't think of this this had baffled me too and I read your message on it. I'm having to use the tool because other SOAP tools don't seem to work very well with this.

I think what would eliminate your issue is to make the channel use the plain HTTP adapter instead of the SOAP adapter if this is the case.

CRitsema
Explorer
0 Kudos

Try updating SapGui.

We had similar kinds of popup messages in SXMB_MONI which went away after we upgraded.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me be very specific on what I'm doing...

1. I enter in the sxmb_moni transaction

2. I select "monitor for processed xml messages"

3. I execute the search based on the parameters I gave it

4. I see my particular XML message that has been processed through XI

This is where the annoying message starts...

5. I click on that row to view the XML message process details and receive a pop-up dialog box that states with a header "Document Possibly Unsafe" and the body states "Do you want to display the document or save it on the hard disk first?".

The annoying message continues....

6. After clicking out of that dialog box, I drill down into XML process parts such as Receiver Identification, Interface Determination, Receiver Grouping, Technical Routing, etc. Within these XML processes are the SOAP header, SOAP body, and Payloads. When I open up the payload folder under each of these processes and click on the main document. I get the same annoying pop-up dialog box over and over again "Do you want to display the document or save it on the hard disk first?".

I want to eliminate this dialog box from ever popping up. There has to be some configuration switch within SAP that will allow me to do this. Any help is appreciated.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Randy,

i think you can surpress that in your internet options, coz the MONI transaction is using two Internet Explorer as splitter container. If you call a context menu on that splitter container it is the same as on IE surface. You might have some settings (may be security), which allways has to ask the user for accordance.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I don't think this is it. It's not a dialog box out of IE. This is a dialog box that is being generated out of the SAP system.

Message was edited by:

Randy Plett

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Randy,

Aha, got that one finally thats a setting in your internet explorer.......fix that and ur good, that pop up is thrown not from sap but from your system.

Regards

Ravi

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Randy,

I know what you are referring to.......i got it and fixed it..

tools -

> internet options ---> uncheck do not save encrypted files to disk

That fixed it for me, as with that being checked user then gets prompted, as if its not checked the default behaviour is to save it to temp and open it............hope that makes sense.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went to the tools --> security tab and went through each and every zone and eliminated every single prompt radio tab and made it enable. I then went to the advanced tab and allowed for the most generous security setttings and also unchecked "do not save encrypted files to disk" and I'm still getting that pop up dialog box within the SAP environment.

I'm still having a hard time believing that this has anything to do with Internet Explorer when this dialog box is being generated out of my SAP monitor screen but maybe that's just me. I'm putting faith in the crowd here that it has something to do with IE settings. However, it appears that no matter what I try in IE I am still getting the dialog box in SAP every time I click on the MainDocument () under the payload folder under each XML process step.

I'm stumped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm starting to lean on that this dialog box has to be some sort of parameter within SAP that you can configure. This dialog box is not being launched from IE, it's form within the SAP environment. The only challenge is trying to find out which parameter (i.e. switch it is).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

are u getting the sender file over HTTP or SOAP or via some other external source?

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's over the standard http channel but I don't think that matters. This dialog box is within the SAP environment monitoring tool. It's got to be a parameter setting. I just don't know which one I would need to configure to turn this off.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

>>but I don't think that matters

as a matter of fact,this is the matter:)

even i waz getting this pop up whenever i used to get any data via HTTP from any extrenal source.

actually its a warning which usually pops up if the file is transferred over standard HTTP coz XI wants to make sure that you are not getting any malicious contents which might affect your PC.

frankly speaking i don't know how to turn that off,but i can tell you its coz of the sender HTTP

thanx

ahmad

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Randy,

Correct me if i am wrong, the XI machine is a remote box and you are logged into it, so when you click on a message the machine has to open that, to do that it generally does a internal method called called createTempFile(), which then is read into memory and opened, now the popup that gives you two options to save it to disk or just display it, i had the same problem..and dont thiink i have http sender or anything like that, its just a default system setting, and its not such a common thing as it would be if it was a httpSender issue, i am looking at my machine and dont see such a popup, i am unable to recreate it back after i unchecked that do not save..thngy, since you tried that...i am going to assume your system configuration is different, Do you have a firewall on your system, what OS is your client on ?

This now has me puzzled as to why can i not recreate it when i check the box back.......as it went away when i unchecked it...weird

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Randy,

<i>to review one of my transactions and I click on the transaction to</i>

Where you are looking in SXMB_MONI. What is the transacation you are trying to see there?

Can you please let us know what you are trying to do exactly?

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnot get ur question...but i think u will also getting display there...click on that

Regards

Hemant