Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Request be moved to directly to production client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 3 system landscape configured in STMS,

one of our consultant has moved the request from Dev it automatically moved to Qas, but he said it is Kopa related request and must go to production client directly,

Can anyone tell me is there a way to move the request directly to prd server .

Regads,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One way is that you can create a request of type transport of copies in SE01 and include the Kopa related request in it and give the target system as production system and release it. This will move the changes only to production client directly.

Regards,

Bharath.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Transport directory is not common for the entire landscape.

Release the ransport in development system. Copy the Data file and cofiles corresponding to the transport to the respective folders in production server.

Then Log on to production system

Goto Transaction stms_import

menu bar --> extras --> other requests --> Add

Enter transport request number ... and client

While importing request you can assign the client.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The answers mentioned was really helpful,

We are not using common transport directory , we have 3 indpendent Transport directories,

please tell me

1) how do i configure common transport directory,

2) if indpendent Transport directory are used, what would be the impact.

whichone is better.

regards,

Sameer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As u sed that you are not using the same directory for the transport..do u mean that you have configured three domain controllers? are the requests getting automatically transfered to the other server say from DEV->QAS? Please enunciate.

For configuring the common transport directory you need to make one system as the Domain Controller and the other 2 systems as the Domains in the landscape. Lets say, you have configured DEV system as your domain controller, so the QAS and PRD system will act as the domain in the landscape with DEV as there Domain Controller.

You can do this by loggin on to the DEV system and configure it as Domain Controller. Then define a 3-system landscape confguration and define the other 2 systems as the part of that landscape. Then save it and Activate and Distribute the same. Now check the settings in the other 2 systems also u can adjust the settings der by readjusting with the domain controller.

The advantage of using one domain controller is that in the other 2 systems you cannot change the system landscape so the control becomes easier and safe.

Also when you configure ur transport directory as a single directory then in that case automatically all your requests for the 3 systems will be present in that common directory.

Note: Points will always encourage me to reply!!

This shud solve ur problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I hope you can help me out here; I have configured Domain controller on Production, then go to DEV and QAS systems and click other configuration - add to domain - complete the details etc.... then go back to Domain Controller and APPROVE these systems as part of the Domain. OK so far, except that they are by default in separate groups....so I change them to all belong to a single group and then configure standard transport routes - 3 systems in one group - One would think that would just about do it right---- %~

When checking Group consistency, it appears as though they are not in fact sharing the same Transport directory, because they can ONLY send messages etc to them selves...even though the rfc connections etc all test fine. So, what have I missed...How and where does one configure the "Common Transport Directory" - I thought the system does this by specifying the Domain controller as the SAPTRANSHOST - which I did in the hosts files...

i.e. IPaddress hostname SAPTRANSHOST

I tried changing the DIR_TRANS to $(SAPTRANSHOST)/sapmnt/trans without success - this really broke things as then the individual systems could not even talk to themselves...which is obviously the problem, I have three separate trans directories - one on each server - I would even accept that if they would just talk to each other. The one thing I noticed is that the path was /usr/sap/trans - how /where does this equate to /sapmnt/trans - Forgive me I am not a LINUX Fundi

This is a RHEL4 MySQL ECC5 system.

ALL assistance would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Log on to production system

Goto Transaction stms_import

menu bar --> extras --> other requests --> Add

Enter transport request number ... and client

While importing request you can assign the client.

Regards

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sameer,

The option suggested by Ben is one of the ways.

Otherwise you can try using transport of copies. Create a transport of copies request in Dev with production system client as the target, include the objects of the original transport in this transport of copies and release it. Then import it in production system.

Regards.

Ruchit.