cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Incoming Invoices - Send response to Vendor for Failed Messages in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our system, Vendor are posting XML Invoices to XI using HTTP adapter and then XI is sending invoices to R/3 using IDOC adapter. Is there anyway I can send response message to vendors for the error out invoice messages in XI?

Please help me if someone has any information about it.

Thanks in advance!

Mrudula Patel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elad/KK,

Thank you both of you for your reply!

ALEAUDIT is for application error. How I need to configure in XI for system error due to mapping failure in XI without using BPM?

Thanks in advance!

Mrudula Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mrudula,

did you find out how to accomplich system error in Xi without BPM?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

Thanks for your reply!

Do I need to use BPM to configure for techincal and application messages or is there any other way without using BPM?

Thanks!

Mrudula Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrudula,

I can think of one way doing so without using BPM:

1. The R/3 system sends the ALEAUD (Application acknowledgement) using transaction/program RBDSTATE.

2. On the XI, you have to define a normal interface with outbound interface for message type ALEAUD mapped to an inbound interface for message type suitable to your needs.

3. On the Int. Dir. you have to define interface/receiver determination for these interfaces.

Greetings,

Elad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mrudula -

You don't necessarily need to have BPM for this. You can treat this as any other interface. For ALEAUD IDOC type, you can use multiple receivers based on receiver partner number / service.

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mrudula

There are two types of errors you have take care of. One is technical error and the other application error.

To sending technical errors like mapping error, you can use fault messages in XI.

For application errors, you can use ALEAUDIT functionality from the receiver R/3 system, which you can map in to an asynchronous XML message as agreed between you and your vendor.

It is a good practise to always send acknowledgements (both failure and success) to your vendor so that at the end of the day, the number of invoices matches on both systems (yours and your vendor's).

Thanks

KK