cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database binding in Adobe forms-Table entries not visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have created an Interactive form which is rendered in a WebDynpro Java Application.I have created two data connections for an ODBC datasource(SQL Server).One Data connection is used to navigate through and edit/update entries which are bound to it.

The other Data connection is used to fetch all the records of the database on click of a button and the records are then rendered in a table. Basically, on clicking the button, records are fetched from the database and using the instance manager, the repeatable subform is instantiated and populated to show the records in the table.

Initially, I created this form using Adobe Designer( as a standalone application) and it was working fine when used with Adobe Acrobat Professional. All the the records were being rendered in the table and the database navigation was working fine.

I want to use a similar form in a Web Dynpro Java Application, to generate the interactive form with Reader Rights enabled, so that the form can be used with Adobe Reader as well.

The form is generated and rendered in the WebDynpro java application and the client PC has the DSN created for the ODBC connection.

The connection with data binding works fine and i am able to navigate and edit the records, but the table showing all the records is not being displayed.

I tried to debug this by printing the number of instances created for the subform using xfa.host.messageBox and found that the records are being fetched and the instance manager creates the instances populated with the fetched data, but the same are not being rendered in the PDF .

Can anyone guide or provide some help on this?

Thanks,

Regards,

Siddhartha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Data was being fetched and sub form instances are getting added, but they are not visible on the PDF.

Opened a new thread for adding subform's dynamically to an interactive form.