cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No valid iViews found" error when compiling a model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I compile my model I get an error: "No valid iViews found".

According to the WIKI this could happen if my iView doesn't contain a table or a form but it does.

What can be the problem than?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

Did you solve your problem?

If yes, how??

Thanks,

fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

You can not believe it . I had the same problem and I tried every suggestion, but nothing worked.

I changed the align content in one of my input form to be vertical and that is why I had that problem, when I changed it back to the default (absolute), it worked fine and deployed successfully

hope that will work with you too

Areege

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please save the model and log out from VC then open it again and try to compile it. This may be solved.

Please let me know after this experiment.

Thanks

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried that, didn't help.

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check if you have at least one main iView in your model ?

Indeed, if you only use nested iViews, the system will not be able to generate the application, a main iView is always required....

Karim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

I have specifically dragged an iView object to the storyboard so I assume I'm OK.

Where do I verify this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The iView-object must not be empty. You need a table or form in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As stated when I've opened the post, I already have that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try creating a new model, inserting a new table PLUS a dataservice (not sure if you had one) and add a start point? Connect them all and try again to deploy.

Perhaps your existing model is corrupted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There might be multiple levels in your iView, so drillup to the outer most level and try deploying. I guess you are trying to deploy from the innermost level which is not correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jan,

I have just one level.

Anyway, I have decided to recreate it, seems faster than struggling to repair it.

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer your question "I have specifically dragged an iView object to the storyboard so I assume I'm OK.

Where do I verify this? "

you need to be to the level higher to your iview, either the page or the package.

There, you can right-click your iview and select "Configure Element"

Then, in the right pane, you've got the "Window Type" field where you can select Primary, Nested or Popup Window. It should be Primary if you have only one iView, otherwise primary for at least one of your iviews.

Rgds,

Karim