cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Unix folder while selecting source file in Import Manager,GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using MDM 5.5 sp04.I am trying to use MDIS to automat the importing process.

Challenge is to use a map in port which will be used by MDIS.

Our MDM server system is in Unix. How I can select input file residing in unix folders( say ready folder of Material) from IM tool drop down so as to save that map and assign that map in Port.

Is a file can be used from window folder in IM ,save the map and assign it in Inbound port ?

Is there will be an conflict in this case since MDIS will be receiving the file from Ready folder(in unix) but the map of the inbound port will be having the source in different folder in window?

Appreciate your help/suggestion

Reo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I could test this by putting my file in Ready folder and found the MDIS process it immediately(interval 30 seconds)even if I have assigned the map which is saved taking the input file from my local drive.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

you shouldn't need to do that under MDIS. The thing is, use the Import Manager on windows to create the mapping file (importing a file also in windows)

When you created the mapping file, assign it to a port. Ports include a specific folder where you need to put the new file to be imported. Please refer to port documentation to find out where this folder is.

The map only has the "mapping structure", and the file will be taken from the port specification

Greetings

Alejandro