cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between DEBMAS06 and DEBMDM06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can any one please tell me what is the difference between DEBMAS06 and DEBMDM06.

Can I use DEBMDM06 instead of DEBMAS06 to create the customer back in R3 from MDM using XI in between.

Best Regards

Syam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I can see, there are only additional address segments in DEBMDM06:

E1ADRMAS : Header segment (and substructure)

E1ADR3MAS : Header segment (and substructure)

E1ADR2MAS : Header segment (and substructure)

You can compare them e.g. using transaction WE60 - or import the IDocs in XI.

Here, you also see the IDoc description:

DEBMAS06 Customer master data distribution

DEBMDM06 MDM: Mass Processing DEBMAS (Customer Master + Addresses)

Thus, I see no problem transforming DEBMDM06 into DEBMAS06 - just leave out the adress part.

Kind regards,

Dennis

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

additionally DEBMDM may contain several customers in one IDoc, DEBMAS only one. Recommended way to go is using DEBMDM for customer extraction from R/3 and DEBMAS + ADRMAS for sending them back to R/3.

BR

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your mail.

Can you please provide me the proceduure how we can link the two different IDOC's ADRMAS and DEBMAS. Because DEBMAS is not containing ADRMAS segment E1ADRMAS. How can I map the address details in syndicator using DEBMAS.

Waiting for your reply.

Best Regards

Syam

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

if you use the SAP delivered content including XI, you don't need to map DEBMAS. The recommended way is sending DEBMDM from syndicator to XI and then performing a message split from DEBMDM to ADRMAS and DEBMAS on XI. XI forwards the IDocs then to R/3. There's already SAP delivered XI content available that is fullfilling this task.

As DEBMAS does not contain all address data (check SAP notes 1052964 & 384462 for details!) , you could use it for a limited address distribution only. anyways, theoretically you could create a syndication map for DEBMAS and an additional one for ADRMAS and use the MDM Workflow to ensure that MDM does always send an ADRMAS and a related DEBMAS. But it easier to use DEBMDM and to do the split as described above.

BR

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael for your quick reply.

Here iam Assigning the points for you.

Best Regards

Syam