cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account group

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi this venkat

i have a doubt in account group wen it is need to surplus the field in customer master sales area data and if any one face this problem and which fields u r surplused give me brief

thanks

venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<u><b>2.1.1 Account Group</b></u>

<b>2.1.1.1 Maintain Number Range for Account Group</b>

<i>Use</i>

The purpose of this activity is to control number range of Account Group.

<i>Procedure</i>

Access the activity using one of the following navigation options:

IMG: Financial Accounting (New) &#61614; Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable &#61614; Customer Accounts &#61614; Master Data &#61614; Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data &#61614; Create Number Ranges for Customer Accounts &#61614; Select the Icon to maintain Number Range

Data to be maintained:

No From To Current No Ext (Tick in Check Box)

01 0000000001 0000099999 0 No

02 0000100000 0000299999 0 No

XX A ZZZZZZZZZZ Yes

<b>2.1.1.2 Assign Number Range to Account Group</b>

<i>Use</i>

The purpose of this activity is to maintain number range of Account Group.

<i>Procedure</i>

IMG Financial Accounting (New) &#61614; Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable &#61614; Customer Accounts &#61614; Master Data &#61614; Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data &#61614; Assign Number Ranges to Customer Account Groups

Data to be maintained:

Group Name Number Range

0001 Sold-to party XX

0002 Goods recipient XX

0003 Payer XX

0004 Bill-to party XX

<b>2.1.1.3 Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)</b>

<i>Use</i>

In this step, you determine the account group of the customer.

<i>Procedure</i>

IMG Financial Accounting (New) &#61614; Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable &#61614; Customer Accounts &#61614; Master Data &#61614; Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data &#61614; Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)

The groups indicated below are a few examples. There are many groups in Standard SAP & if we require additional Group, it can be copied from appropriate group & maintained.

Group Name

0001 Sold-to party

0002 Goods recipient

0003 Payer

0004 Bill-to party

0005 Prospective customer

0006 Competitor

<i><b>Select Sold-to-party &#61664; go to Details &#61664; Double Click on General data / Company code data / Sales data. It will take to next screen which details Tab Pages of General data / Company code data / Sales data. Double Click on Tab Page for example: Address, Control, Marketing & so on. Here you can maintain whether the field is to be Suppress, Req. Entry, Opt. entry or Display</b></i>

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

The fields are suppressed as per the client's need. However, the SD consultant should know whether it is affordable to suppress those fields requested by the client. The client would not be interested in entering data for those fields for which it doesnt make a business sense to him.

For eg) One client might not be interested in customer group so it could be suppressed. However, fields like pricing procedure shouldnt be suppressed.

Reward if helped you.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

we surpress the feildsin customer master, if our client is not required that feild..the account group main fuctionailty is tocontrol the feilds status...

reward if it helps

ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

TRY WITH OBD2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Generally we supress the fields when we know that those fields are not relavant for use in the project scenario.If we do not supress the fields and user maintains any additional data in those fields then it might affect in furthur processings of documents and causing trobule.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit