cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seeking career in SAP Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am a J2EE consultant over 4 years of experience.

i heard that there is good scope for j2ee developers in SAP through Netweaver.

i am very new to SAP.

what are the technologies do i need to learn(from java and j2ee side) to master in sap netweaver?

i am interested in ABAP and NETWEAVER.

can anyone guide me propoperly in this issue with proper information.

i will be very thankful.

regards and thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nag,

I recently made the same move from J2EE Development, mainly on WebSphere, to Netweaver and SAP Enterprise Portal.

I agree with Benny in that the best place to start would be to download the Netweaver Sneak Preview (from SDN downloads) and get the whole platform installed and then try and create some simple applications along the lines of the examples.

You will find that the uptake of J2EE technology is a little slow in the SAP world so don't expect to be rattling out J2EE applications from the word go for clients. WebDynPro (GUI MVC framework) and developing Java iViews (Portlets)for Enterprise Portal is a good place to start.

The Sneak Preview contains the J2EE Engine (App server), the Portal, a relational database, an Eclipse based IDE with plugins for Netweaver, and various other add-ons for the Portal. Probably enough to keep you quiet for a few weeks at least.

Cheers,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

i am from London,i want to start netweaver preparation from july as per the guidelines you gave me.

can i have your e-mail so that i can contact if i come across any doubts.

thank you very much for your information

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah sure its steve.archer@axonglobal.com. Feel free to give me some feedback points

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess it is a good idea to first adopt your knowledge to the NetWeaver environment, in other words, find out how things run in NetWeaver. That should be easy with downloading and going through a couple of J2EE examples. A good idea is surely to learn about WebDynpro also.

Learning ABAP is something different. But you can also download the ABAP part and start with some examples there. It is different then J2EE, but a programming language is a programming language...

Regards,

Benny