Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to allocate 1 sale order qty to 4 sale order thru back order & reschedu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

in my client place

First they are creating three sales order each order qty 10,delivery due date one month, Then fourth they creating one sale order, order qty 10 delivery due date one week, They are having stock only 30, They want use first sale order qty for fourth order is it possible or not, kindly let me know

one of my colleuge told:-

Yes it is possible. We can allocate first sales order quantity to fourth sales order, through back order processing and rescheduling. First go to “V_RA” transaction for doing back order processing to sales orders. Then check V_V2 transaction for rescheduling.

The remaining qty 20 is automatically allocated to fifth order even though the requested delivery date is beyond the first three orders, so is it possible to allocate the remaining qty to first sale order.

assume you did back order processing to all the sales orders,Do back order processing to particular order by giving order number and then reschedule it to new order.

kindly suggest me one good solution for solving the issue on rescheduling.

regards,

g.v.shivakkumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend

1. Confirm me if your scenario is likethis

S.order 1- MatA- 100 qty Confirmed qty 100 ( as you have stock 100)

After this you get 4 sales order of each 10 qty and now you dont have any stock.

So you plan to confirm 20 for the sales order 1 and balnace for 4 sales order each 20 qty

2. In this case you can use the Co06- Give the mateiral ,Plant and backorder processing as bo

3. now when you execute you can see the list of ATP situation for all the orders booked against the material and the delivering plant

4. Here you can selecte the sales order and do change confirmation

Hope this helps for the scenario i have listed

Let me know if you need any other details

All the best,

Dskumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear friends,

At the time of booking the sales order:

If PO is considered in availability check, then system confirms that material with due date based upon unallocated stock and incoming PO due date.

But if it does not see any PO or there is no open stock, then the confirmation is done based upon standard delivery period.

Now this generates the requirement while doing MRP and PO is placed but material against this PO can be pulled by a fresh sales order as fresh SO will see this new PO.

Hence there is a need to do rescheduling.Secondly there is also a need to do rescheduling as delivery date of incoming PO's keeps on changing and schedule can be improved or can deteriorate based upon actual position of material incoming.

The problem:

Sandeep tried to demonstrate to us rescheduling which is a standard SAP process.But every time he showed it,there was a problem.

Rescheduling rule needs to be defined and that can be a)Based upon sales order document number or b) Based upon due date I hope Sandeep would have described the problem to you.

Yesterday night we tried to simulate the problem and we are sharing the results with you along with the comments which are mentioned in the excel file which has two sheets. Sheet 1 with rule (a) i.e.

rescheduling based upon Sales order document number(Prior doc no gets

priority) and second sheet with rule (b) I,e rescheduling based upon due date.

For example in case b) while doing rescheduling the system is doing allocation to first line only even if there are five-six SO lines of that particular item. Refer to errors in attached file.

thanks and regards,

g.v.shivakkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear friends,

kindly give your valuable suggestion and help me regarding this.

regards,

g.v.shivakkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GV - First of all sorry if I didn't really understand you.. looks like you are deep into trouble with backorder(s)....anyway.....here's a general solution....if you are multiple items demanding the same item and you want a particular order to be allocated first (that is after some of them are backordered)...use delivery priority on line items to the advantage......Change the delivery priority on the line item of the order you want allocation to happen first (change it to 01 - highest priority) and then run V_V2 for that item.....this will deallocate quantities to all orders and will then determine allocation on the basis of order age and delivery priority....obviously, DP 01 will be the first one to get confirmed. You can follow the same way for the rest.

Hope thats what you were looking for.

Thanks

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear friends,

At the time of booking the sales order:

If PO is considered in availability check, then system confirms that material with due date based upon unallocated stock and incoming PO due date.

But if it does not see any PO or there is no open stock, then the confirmation is done based upon standard delivery period.

Now this generates the requirement while doing MRP and PO is placed but material against this PO can be pulled by a fresh sales order as fresh SO will see this new PO.

Hence there is a need to do rescheduling.Secondly there is also a need to do rescheduling as delivery date of incoming PO's keeps on changing and schedule can be improved or can deteriorate based upon actual position of material incoming.

The problem:

Sandeep tried to demonstrate to us rescheduling which is a standard SAP process.But every time he showed it,there was a problem.

Rescheduling rule needs to be defined and that can be a)Based upon sales order document number or b) Based upon due date I hope Sandeep would have described the problem to you.

Yesterday night we tried to simulate the problem and we are sharing the results with you along with the comments which are mentioned in the excel file which has two sheets. Sheet 1 with rule (a) i.e.

rescheduling based upon Sales order document number(Prior doc no gets

priority) and second sheet with rule (b) I,e rescheduling based upon due date.

For example in case b) while doing rescheduling the system is doing allocation to first line only even if there are five-six SO lines of that particular item. Refer to errors in attached file.

thanks and regards,

g.v.shivakkumar