cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interactive forms Performance issues and cases

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

I would like to have knwoledge about the restrictions ,considerations to be followed if available as a set of precautions while working with ADS .

Can anyone share there notes on this?

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FEW more

Adobe Performance Analysis

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/db/9d0641f753f523e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Concepts of Interactive Forms

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/79/eeeb6abd9a4af2bbab7028f320524b/frameset.htm

SAP Network Blog: My struggles with the Adobe Document Services in WAS6.40

/people/achim.hauck/blog/2005/02/04/my-struggles-with-the-adobe-document-services-in-was640

Cheers

Swathi

Hope it helped

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swathi for links

but i dont have access to the service market place .

I have been listening regarding EVS implemtation in adobe .

Is it possible for data more than 100 records .

can we implement EVS?

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

With Nw04s and a new integration technology that works without the ActiveX, you get support for EVS and OVS for DDL on Adobe Forms. This makes the handling of such long value lists easier and faster.

In NW 2004s, in Web Dynpro for Java you have the possibility of creating a search dialogue for online scenarios. In that case, you basically 'jump out' of the PDF into Web Dynpro proper to search with SAP's backend possibilities, and - after selecting the entry you need - you go back into the PDF. This is not possible in offline scenarios or on NW04 or in any of the other integration types.

Nevertheless, you can in increase the size limit for the other value help in default.properties via parameter "sap.valuesetlimit.maxondemand". Be careful: that impacts also the standard value help of Web Dynpro.

But, you have the EVS and OVS facility with NW04s, ZCI style forms. Minimun requirerment for AIF to support this is NW04s SP09 + Latest WD runtime patch release.

Cheers,

Swathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankur ,

The restrictions are dependent on the releases .

Service.sap.com is the best place to explore depending upon ur WAS version .

You can find some expert inputs here:

SAP Network Blog: Lessons Learned from Adobe Forms Development

Weblog

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/07/13/lessons-learned-from-adobe-forms-development

SAP Network Blog: Common Problems with SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe - PART II -

/people/dezso.pap/blog/2007/02/19/common-problems-with-sap-interactive-forms-by-adobe--part-ii-

SAP Network Blog: Common Problems with SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe - PART I -

/people/dezso.pap/blog/2007/01/10/common-problems-with-sap-interactive-forms-by-adobe--part-i-

Cheers

Swathi