cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content server - Cache server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have installed content server and it is working fine. We would like to install cache server to access content server from different location to reduce the access time. Is there any document/guide to link cache server to the existing content server.

For ex.When the user in Delhi stores the original, it has to route through cache server (Located at Delhi) to the content server (Located at Chennai) and get stored in Content server.

My mail ID is rprasannahsr@hotmail.com

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_voigt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

the installation of a cache server is pretty similar to a content sever. Therefore it's covered in the installation guide of the content server. You find the installation guide on

http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Netweaver -> SAP Netweaver 7.0 (NW2004S) -> Installation

In the Window scroll down to the end. You find the Installtion Guides under

3 - Installation - Standalone Engines - > Installation - Content Server 6.40 on UNIX

3 - Installation - Standalone Engines - > Installation - Content Server 6.40 on Windows

On http://service.sap.com/ContentServer you find additional information including an FAQ answering your questions on the cache server.

Bye, Michael

biagio_lobascio2
Participant
0 Kudos

I also have one question on this topic,

when i used Report DMS_KPRO_FILL_CACHE, how can i check if a document is availible through content Server or through cacheserver?

Can someone explain what's the matter of rfc-destination SAPHTTPA in context with report DMS_KPRO_FILL_CACHE?

Thanks a lot!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure about documentation...

From the Enterprise release on there is the report DMS_KPRO_FILL_CACHE. Here you can indicate the search criteria for the pre-filling. If the pre-defined search attributes are not sufficient, you could also use this report as a template and make an own version of it, project specific.

Then at each Cache Server you have to set up a SAP Gateway. This SAP Gateway acts like an user, where the report is sending the files to. If the files are already there in this Cache Server, then they are not send a second time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just checked. There is information on cache servers in the KPRO installation guide.