cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Navigation attributes vs Characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using 2 navigation attributes representing product aggregate & location aggregate (attached to product & location characteristics resp.)

My question is on Displaying Base UOM (product master UOM) instead of the default planning area UOM while viewing data in Interactive Demand Planning book.

While we are able to display data for characteristics (product & location) in Base UOM, simply by maintaining the UOM tab in the planning area definition.

But requirement is to be able to display the Base UOM when we load data for Navigation attributes in the interactive demand planning book.

Has anyone come across such situation?

Thanks

Tejinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejinder,

Typically a navigational attribute would be used to add additional filtering of the values of the base characteristics. For example if product status is defined as an navigational attribute for the base chanracteristic product, then in interactive planning, I can further filter the products based on their product status.

In the planning area administration, there is a "UOM" display tab. If it is "checked", then the data in interactive planning will always be displayed in the Product base unit of measure as opposed to the planning area UOM.

Just to understand, when you load the navigational attribute "location aggregate", the system defaults to the planning unit of measure?

Regards,

Kedar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tejinder,

I have never come across the requirement you mentioned. But I would question the use of naviation attirbute for product and location aggregate. By aggregate do you mean Product Category as an aggregate of a group of products. If so then the product category should be a characteristic NOT a navigational attribute.

Please review SAP Note 413526 which is a good consulting note of navigational attribute vis-avis characteristic.

Also the alternate UoM is defined at a product master level which is available for switching in Interactive Planning. Not sure how you want to convert to different UoM for other characteristic like location for which alternate UoM cannot be defined.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried using characteristics in place of navigation attributes also for product aggregate & loc aggregate.

But my req was to have different UOM to be displayed in planning book which will be different from the UOM used for individual products under that aggregate. This UOM will be the Base UOM.

I guess i will not be able to do that coz i have assigned location and product charactersitcis to MPOS.So i will be able to display the values at location product level only in the Base UOM. whereas i also wanted it for Product aggregate & Location aggregate for which characteristics used were different.

Thanks

Tejinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

just a suggestion

You can use a macro to do this

Create a new Kf to which the macro will write if the selection consists of the attribute

you need to find some place where you can store the UoM conversion. If the Base UoM to UoM conversion is not too dynamic you can save it as a constant or in a particular part of the planning book which is not used by the users