Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender file communication channel polling only when the file is written

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have the following scenario:

I have developed an XI interface that takes a .txt file from SAP R/3's file system, usr/sap/trans/ and delivers it into another ftp location. The problem that we face is that the file is written into source directory from an ABAP program. As a result, XI go and polls into source directory when the file is not completely written, or when it is empty, which blocks the process.

Is there a way to force XI in order to poll the source directory only when the file is complete?

We have thought of exporting the file into a name that XI does not expect and as soon as the file is complete to rename the file from inside ABAP program into what XI expects.

However, the command inside ABAP changed the Code page of the file and we cannot see some special characters in the file that is delivered to the ftp location.

Any ideas??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure there is, in the sender File Adapter , select option Milliseconds to Wait before Modification Check under Advanced Settings and this will do the trick.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Evaggelos,

from <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm">SAP help: Configuring the Sender File/FTP Adapter</a>:

Advanced Mode

To specify additional parameters in the adapter configuration, set the Advanced Mode indicator.

&#9679; Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check

Enter the number of milliseconds that the adapter must wait before it checks whether the files have been changed

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh and Udo,

Thanks to both of you guys. I will reward points for this to both of you. However,

I want to make it more clear.

Is this the number of milliseconds that the adapter must wait before getting the file, i.e. the period of time required in order to make sure that the file will have been written, before the adapter can access it??

I have inserted 10000 milliseconds (=10 secs). Do u think that this is enough ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly and that should be enough

regards

krishna

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you got it