cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

structure field

Former Member
0 Kudos

in my invoice i have to retrieve a value ,which is giving field name as SMEINH-UMREZ.but SMEINH is a structure.i checked in where-used list by giving SMEINH in table name.it's displaying message as 'no database tables found'.how to retrieve the value?please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dev_parbutteea
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just give the structure name as it is i.e. SMEINH-UMREZ. It will automatically get the value for UMREZ if the structure SMEINH is being used inthat invoice.

Regards,

Sooness

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanku for the reply.how to write select statement for a structure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

As you know, we cannot write a select code on a structure. There are ways to retrieve data using the Structure.

1. As I've asked you to find out the Master Table for the corresponding structure, and also find out which Header and Item tables are being used to fetch the data. Then try coding select queries using those tables.

2. The other way is using views for that master table. Try to find out tables which start with 't', and tables or views which ends with 'x'.

Let me know whether you have solved it or not.

Regards,

-Syed.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member623370
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Folks!

The better table with this information is MARM.

If necessary, choose others using SE11, select Data Type "UMREZ", where used icon and select Table Fields.

The search will show a list with tables, choose the more appropriate.

dev_parbutteea
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what i meant was that you might be able to access field UMREZ directly!

you just have to write SMEINH-UMREZ. It directly refers to field UMREZ in structure SMEINH.

<b>The above will be applicable provided that you are already accessing structure SMEINH in the invoice.</b>

Else you will have to write a routine for retreiving the required data.

Regards,

Sooness.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

First of all, you have not mentioned here that whether you have a driver program written for this smartform or you are using any standard driver program.

If you are using a standard driver program, then go to that driver program and try to find out where the structure 'SMEINH' has been included into the internal table. And also try to find out the Master Table for this structure, you cannot do this everytime by going to SE11.

This can also be done by going to the particular screen where the value for the field is coming from and press F1 on the same field, then press F9 for the Technical Help, it'll display the technical info, place your cursor on the field 'SMEINH-UMREZ' and then click on 'Where-used to'.

Kindly reward points if useful.

Regards,

-Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanku very much.i will try based on ur suggetion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The value will come from the transcation code at the time of execution and these values will come from the screen

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the table <b>EKPO-UMREZ</b>

This field will give the Unit converation of the Material.

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Field description for UMREZ is Numerator for Conversion to Base Units of

Measure.

If u want to the table name, search in SE11.

or else what tables r u using in ur Form, please let us know.

Thanks

Dinakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

It is a structure only, but it is used in some of the include programs, go to se11, give that name and click on where-used-list icon in that select program names, it will give u some programs where it is being used. Check out those programs, may be u will get some clue out of it.

Regards

Haritha.