cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to write a UDF which when encountered it should stop the map

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

My task is to write a UDF which when encountered it should stop the map and return what is given as an input to the UDF For ex: UDF(map failed!)

when this udf is encountered than the map should stop and the output output should be mapfailed!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

have a look to Allesandros weblog: <a href="/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping Smart Exceptions in XI Graphical Mapping</a>

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank-you Udo,

That was a very helpful Blog.But over there it is given to stop a particular mapping step only.But my requirement is that i should stop the Entire Mapping process

Thanks in Advance,

Bhargav

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargav,

i think the whole mapping is stopped. You ll get an exception. Look to the screenshot at the bottom.

Regards,

Udo

BTW: Allesandros blogs are magic..

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>But over there it is given to stop a particular mapping step only But my requirement is that i should stop the Entire Mapping process</i>

UDFs r used in graphical mappings and the details in blog shows that when a UDF stops a mapping, it in turn stops whole messgae mapping. So ur entire Mapping process would get stopped

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)