cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfc adapter connection problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following problem with a rfc adapter. If the connection falls between XI and R3 - I think it occurs of time out - then no rfc connection is possibel until I restart the rfc adapter.

Are there any experiences or hints about my problem?

thx for response

Regards Johann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RFCAdapter ReConnect Issue -

/people/community.user/blog/2006/09/21/xi-rfcadapter-reconnect-issue

Try implementing the above blog.

Also read:

trouble shooting rfc/soap -

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

thx for response.

I did this part from the note:

"<b>Before SP12</b> Add a line to the table and use 'jco.server.max_startup_delay' as name and the maximum number of seconds to wait between reconnect attempts as value."

But it doesn't help. This hint is before SP12 but <b>we have SP16</b>. Because I found no field maximum reconnect delay how suggested. Show hint down:

"<b>Since SP12</b> Enter the maximum number of seconds to wait between reconnect attempts in the field Maximum Reconnect Delay."

Is it right the field "Maximum Reconnect Delay" is in the rfc adapter?

regards Johann

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>>>is it right the field "Maximum Reconnect Delay" is in the rfc adapter?

Thats Right

Ref:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/content.htm

regards

krishna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Visual Admin you would need to add the setting as shown in Naveen's blog. That is applicable from Sp 14. and will solve your issue

<i>The above solutions for restarting RFC based communication channels involves human intervention and could cause service down time. Ideally one would expect XI to restart the channel as soon as the end system is up and running. In case of RFC Adapter, XI by default checks for connectivity with the end system only when the channel is updated. This behavior of RFC Adapter is controlled by the service property initialRfcClientConnectCheck which is by default set to true. By setting this property to false we can force RFC Adapter to check the connection for every message being sent to the end system. SAP RFC Adapter should be restarted for this property take into effect. Hence in the scenario mentioned above, when the end system comes up, calls from XI would be successful. RFC Adapter would now check the connection for every message instead of only once when the communication channel is updated.

</i>

/people/community.user/blog/2006/09/21/xi-rfcadapter-reconnect-issue

Regards

Bhavesh

Message was edited by:

Bhavesh Kantilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

thx for response in detail.

I set the parameter to false and waiting

If it solve our errror and no failure occurs I set your status to solve the problem.

Regards Johann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we changed the parameter initialRfcClientConnectCheck but it doesn't help. The failure occurs again.

Regards Johann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try a J2EE engine restart after making the parameter. Just try it.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes I did.

But it doesn't help. I have to restart the rfc adapter manually