cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract client number from message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a way to extract the client number from an incoming message. There are standard functions for querying the sender or receiver from the soap message header in the graphical mapping. What I need is to figure out the client of the sending application and map the number to a target field.

Thanks for your ideas

Frank Opitz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this source message a Idoc? If yes, the Idoc's Control Record will contain the client number in the filed MANDT.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments. I will add an additional field to the outbound data type, which will be used for transfering the client number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the incoming message is not of type IDoc. It is received via ABAP proxy.

When I look at the adapter specific identifiers of the sending business system I see there the client number as well. I know that the integration builder derives the information from the SLD and stores it somewhere in the cache. Is it perhaps possible to retreive the client number from there?

Otherwise I think easiest way is to adapt the proxy data structure and ask the ABAP developer to include the client from which he is sending a message to XI.

Greetings

Frank

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Frank,

As far as I know you can only read the sender Business System Name and not the Actual Adapter Specific Identifiers.

Guess you can ask the ABAP developer to fit this data into XI's data.

regards

Bhavesh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

i think you could access to a runtime constant at UDF: <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b3/9a2aeb24dc4ab6b1855c99157529e4/content.htm">Special Access to Mapping Runtime Constants</a>. If the client is part of the name of the business system (constant SenderService), what is mostly so named, then you can extract the client from it via substring.

Regards,

Udo

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>is there a way to extract the client number from an incoming message. There are standard functions for querying the sender or receiver from the soap message header in the graphical mapping.</i>

No standard method available

<i>What I need is to figure out the client of the sending application and map the number to a target field.</i>

U may request the sender to add this data in the message.

Or for Idocs Bhavesh has given the reply

Regards,

Prateek