cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party but SD billing before MM billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my third-party flow I can not wait for receiving the MM invoice. My SD billing process is daily.

So I want to use the functionality of third-party but I want the SD invoices does not depend on the MM invoice.

I have changed the item category TAS.

Instead of billing quantity F (SD invoice quantity depend of MM invoice quant.) I have put A (invoiced quantity depend on sales order quantity).

The same in the coping control but it is not working.

I have checked the copying requ: 012 thinking in a standard validation but I have found nothing at all.

Can you help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Enrique,

I hope, it is the misprint. The invoice relevance according to the order quantity sshould be 'B' (not 'A'). It is absolutely correct standard process. SAP recommends to use either 'F' or 'B' for invoice relevance of the item category for third-party process (transaction VOV7), but not 'A'.

Kind regards,

Akmal Vakhidov

Development Support SA, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right. I have checked the OSS note 549818.

and it is written that if one chooses B: "this is at your own risk".

It sounds a litttle bit worrying. Do you know what SAP speaks in those terms?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Enrique,

"at your own risk" means that you have to control the process by yourself. For example, you can create invoice to the order immediately and not to wait the response from MM (question 2 of the note 549818). So, you have to organize the process by yourself, when you create the invoice (it has , of course, the influence on the billing status, too). But quite generally, the relevance 'B' is allowed from the standard point of view and nothing speaks against it. So, you can use 'B' without any restrictions from the standard side.

I hope, this info helps you a little bit further.

Kind regards,

Amkal Vakhidov

Development Support SD, SAP, Walldorf/Germany

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this is " AT YOUR OWN RISK". The reason behind this is that as you know the Goods receipt what we do in MIGO is only stasitical and invoice verification is the only legal document what we will have for the reporting purpose in SAP. This will also lead to some compliation leagally in sales for eg. if you are claiming the sales amount for this month and the stocks are not yet delivered and you are using Inco terms FOB , this will lead to misreporting and legally Finance will be caught offguard.

Overall this will need a careful consideration from the Finance and legal team before doing this.

Reward points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are still using 012 routine in copy control then remove this routine because this routine is used for following :-

When using a third party vendor to source products for a customer's order, the invoice for the goods should not be issued until the vendor has actually delivered the goods to the customer. In order to insure that this is the case, an additional validation check is needed. This requirement contains this check and can be assigned to the relevant third party billing item category to insure that undelivered items are not billed prior to delivery.

So instead of this you can try using standard routine 2 Item/order related and test the scenario if works,else you can use Z routine as per your requirement.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit