Did you mean: 

Sync error: "Cannot process container ..... for unregistered method....."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Durring synchronisation of a handheld device I get the error

"Cannot process container ..... for

unregistered method MI_CONFIG_INFO; ignore container"

If I sync using my laptop (with device MI client - not laptop client) I do not get the error. Have checked tables for mapping of methods and functions. They are ok and the method is there.

Does any one know why the this happens and what to do?

Regards

Jacob Wesenberg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Kindly check if you have made the entry in the table BWAFMAPP in the midleware. This is a mapping table which contains the method name coming from the MI client & the actual method which needs to be called from the backend.

The table must contain followinf entry

MI_CONFIG_INFO -> ME_CONFIG_INFO_RECEIVE

MI_CONFIG_INFO_CHECKER -> ME_CONFIG_INFO_CHECKER

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I have checked theese and they are ok. Notice, that the error only occurs on handheld device - not on laptop.

Regards

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are getting this error only on a specific device then it means there is no processor registered for this type of container from the server. The MI registers the processor and stores the registration as a serialized object on the device or laptop. Probably this info is missing.

Please check whether any files from have been deleted from

<MIHOME>\sync\inboundProcessors directory

In either case, I suggest to reinstall the client.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see a lot of files .key and .value in the folder, but how do I check if they are there all of them?

Reinstalling the client has been one of the solutions, but I would like to understand how it works in order to solve problem w/o reinstalling. But it seems that SAP has the same solutions as Microsoft when it comes to problems 🐵

regards

Jacob