cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Safety Stock Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I want to plan safety stock in APO using Advanced Safety Stock Planning. Can someone share a tested scenario/Configuration for this with an example ?

Wanted to understand the logic of getting the safety stock number. If anyone has done a detailed analysis?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

Do you know the source of Supply and Demand variability data that is needed for the input?

which version of SCM are you on? (you have some additional functionalities through safety profile in 5.0)

Do you know which extended planning method you want to use?

Just to add something you might know:-

The two basic parameters is

a)Target Service levels (Alpha and Beta)

b) Replenishment Method (Reorder point or Reorder Cycle)

the combination leads to AS, BS, BT and AT as the four methods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Yes i have the basic idea of the Safety Stock Methods, demand variability, RLT etc. Just wanted to understand the statistics behind the formula. Would you be having an example so as, i can verify the SS which SAP is generating. Or does SAP has any example to which i can verify the same.

Many Thanks,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which Extended SFT method do you want to verify the calculations for?

(I have worked with one of them)

also which version are you on? SCM 5.0 gives a log that explains a bit more about the calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish, I am trying to use BT . Yes we have APO 5.0 module. Can you provide the example which you have tested? You can mail me at bhaveshpt03@yahoo.com

Rgds,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Do you have any example for calculation of Advanced safety stock methods like BS,BT , AS and AT ?

It will be really helpful becasue we have to demonstrate the capability of APO safety stock planning.