cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Type attribute sequence mixed up...in Mapping..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Facing a wierd problem here , I have a data type and it has a node like below under which there are attributes defined.

<Product>

-

ID (Attribute)

-

NAME(Attribute)

-

Visibility(Attribute)

-

Transaction.(Attribute)

<Product/>

Now when i try to use this Message type in my Message Mapping the sequence of the Attributes are getting mixed up like below...

<Product>

-

ID (Attribute)

-

Transaction.(Attribute)

-

Visibility(Attribute)

-

NAME(Attribute)

<Product/>

I am unable to figure out what could be the reason, The Sequence of these attributes is crucial, and anybody throw some light on this if u have faced a similar kind of problem.

I have tried using External def also of XSD type, still the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tiger,

XML attributes do not have a sequence!

Elements have but not attributes, you can identify them only by their name.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI message mapping does not perform schema validations. I am not sure of the correct reason for the problem but even i have faced it once. Not when using in Message mapping but when taking the schema from message mapping. In the MM, the sequence of the attributes is different from that of the XSD i have obtained after exporting the strcuture. But I was using XSLT and hence there was no problem in getting the sequence. When i used the XSLT in interface mapping, i did not get any mapping error as is expected in normal cases where schema validation is done. Instead the mapping was successful. Hence though i do not know your entire problem or the complexity of the mapping, i think it is not a problem as long as your interface mapping works fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tiger,

The sequence is not important.Mapping does matter.