Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk (additional functions)

former_member343310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have successfully configured the service desk functionality. Now the messeges are successfully being sent from my setalliet system to Solution Manager. Now the issue is ( may be this is not an issue). Suppose I go to ST22( setallite sytem) and select any dump then I create a suppot message of this alert. The message is successfully generated and when I goto Solution_manager(solutiopn manager system) it shows me the message I sent. Now when I click on the message, it takes me to anothe screen from where I have too many options. Here , I am stuck , I mean how can I see the same dump in the solution manager and how to proceede ( If I want to see the exact dump page created in the setallite system). If any one has any document related to this (the next steps after this) kindly email me at sapfarooq@gmail.com.

Regards

M FAROOQ ALI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

If you want to see the same message which you created in the satellite system, use transaction "dnotifwl" and give the appropriate parameters of your interest for this selection screen. There you can see the list of messages created by you from the satellite system.

Select the message of your interest and here you can see what you actually created in your satellite system.

Is this what you are looking for?

Dont forget to reward points for useful answers.

best regds,

Alagammai.

former_member343310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

This is not what I wasasking for. What I mean is that how a person could see the short dump (created in the setallite system) in the solution manager system (using TCODE Solutuion_manager). Also what are the next steps after creating a message from setallite system. what we have to do in the solution manager sytem

I tcode, as you mentioned I need to provide notification ID what is this notfication ID for ?

Regards

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You won´t see anything from the satelite system but the system data and the user who created the error message. No dumps etc. will be transferred. The user has the possibility to save the dump and attach it as textfile but that is surely not what you want.

SolMan will not replicate any errors that are in the satelite system, someone has to take the message (enter a processor) and then login to the system that has the error.

--

Markus

former_member343310
Participant
0 Kudos

Can u tell me how to procedded the in the solution manager...

For Instance a user is having a missing authorization error and createda support message for this ... then how a person from solution manager get to know by looking at the message in the solution manager that the person is having an authorization object missing error since there is nothing that shows that the person is having a mising authorization error.

Regards

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One solution i would suggest is ask the user to run /nSU53 (Auth. Check) print to a spool. Ask the user to mention the spool request number in the support message. The same can be done for your ABAP Dump errors. So that the message processor can log into the satellite system check the spool in SP01 and sort out the issue.

This will definitely solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

former_member343310
Participant
0 Kudos

This means that a person workig on solution managerneed to log into the Setallite system in order to look into the error message screen in detail.....

Can anyone send me the steps after "Service Desk Configuration guide for dummies"...

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the message processor should log into satellite system to investigate on the problem. Refer this document.

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001197002005E/Addtional_Information.pdf

This will definitely solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

*Reward for helpful answers