Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL 2005 connection Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>

I am facing the problem in connectiong MSSQL 2005 Server to SAP xMII using Windows Authentication

But I am able to connect MSSQL 2003 to SAP xMII using Windows Authentication.

Have you experianced the similar problem in any of the projects and got any solution?

If so please share with me

Regards,

Suresh Hiremath </b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use SQL Server Authentication and TCP/IP network connectivity with xMII.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick,

Thanks a lot.

I used SQL authentication, now it's working fine

Regards,

Suresh Hiremath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You can try changing a couple of settings to see if it works. (can you connect using SQL Server Authentication?).

1: Go to the SQL Server Surfacearea Config for services and connections, make sure in the 'Remote Connections' you have the 'Local and Remote' connections enabled and not just the 'Local' connection enabled.

2: Go to the SQL Server Configuration Manager and click on the protocols, right click on TCP/IP > Properties > IP Addersses and make sure a port is assigned ( we had to enter 1433 in this area before we could connect).

Hope this helps,

Mahwish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

I also faced same issue when i was installing SQL server.

Well if SQL server exist on same machine than local coneection will work and if server is on remote machine than you need to check remote connection parameters with IP address and port number.

open a command prompt window and type " telnet localhost 1433", if telnet connects, sql server is working fine.

If telnet connects, go into XMII configuration and update the connection string

ServerURL = .....................................(with database name & other details)

if sql server is listening on port 1433 than you need to check XMII configuration.

Best Regards

Ramshanker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

To connect xMII to SQL Server (any version), SQL server must be set to use BOTH SQL Server and Windows Authentication. You can change this setting in the Database's Security properties.