cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.0 : Import/Export of IB: Design Objects via Filesystem

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Failure: "You are not permitted to delete any objects since the software component cannot be changed"</b>

Today I've tried out the import/export functionality of the integration builder design.

Therefor I've exported a whole <i>SoftwareComponentVersion</i> into a file and after that reimported it.

Everything works fully correct. But now, when i try to delete this <i>SoftwarComponentVersion</i> or any <i>object</i> within, i face the warning: "You are not permitted to delete any objects since the software component cannot be changed" and i am not able to delete it.

<b>Have you any experience dealing this problem?</b>

<u>Thx for your answer!</u>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open the SWCV and below the namespace , u have two check box (objects are original, obejct are modifiable )which u have to check it for any modification.

Thanks,

Sasi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for your fast answers. You have solved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have try to do the same stuff but i could not see the objects imported into swcv.

I did as follows:

1. Imported swcv from sld.

2. created a namespace

4. created some design objects.

5. activated the changed list.

6. Exported the swcv in tpz file

7. removed all the objects from swcv.

8. imported the design objects from previously exported tpz file by copying it into the import folder at xiserver.

9. it says objects are successfully imported and i can see the file is transfered from import folder to importedFiles folder with timestamp suffix.

but i am still unable to see these objects into the swcv.

Where i have done mistake or should i need to do something more as i wanted to test this export/import feature having only one xiserver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u click on your software component,

U will find "<b>Objects are original objects, Objects are modifiable</b>" in <b>object attributes</b> below Namespaces...

So check the Objects are modifiable checkbox..

This will definitely solve your problem.

cheers,

Siva Maranani.