cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Opening an RFC connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I Test the RFC Connection SLD_NUC of TCP/IP in SAP R/3 , I Got the Following Error.

<u><b>ThGetT1002 : error ( Msg - 10 not found )</b></u>.

I Go Through this Link. I Didn't Found "<b>SAPGWS_<InstanceNumber></b>" in my Services.

So How to Install SAP Gateway Service on the Server.

Please Let Me know the Procedure....

Regards

Khanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This SLD_NUC RFC Test is Working For XI System With Gateway Service What I have in R/3 System Gateway Service.

But For R/3 It is Not Working . If that Gateway Service in Not Installed on the Server Means It Should Not Work for the XI Machine Also.

Here It is Working For XI System And Not Working For R/3 System.

Can Any body Help Me on this

Regards

Khanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khanna ,

First you check that in R/3 whether gateway is working fine or not?

using the below link?

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bb/9f13814b9b11d189750000e8322d00/content.htm"></a>

if it is working fine, then you check the configuration settings.

i think it may be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koteswar,

Will You Please Concentrate on My Question For a While Please....

I Checked With the Transaction Code SMGW in SAP XI System. Its Showing the Gateway sapgw01 for XI System.

If Checked in R/3 Means It is Showing Empty. This Means We Didn't Configured it In R/3 Side.

Basically Why I Occured With This RFC Checking Means I Executed RZ70 in R/3 Side To Create Technical System of Type Web AS ABAP in SLD Automatically.

Then It Showed One Error that <b> RFC call Failed : Error opening an RFC Connection</b>

So I Executed SLD_NUC RFC in SM59 Of TCP/IP Connection at SAP XI System. It is giving Success.

So I Executed SLD_NUC RFC in SM59 Of TCP/IP Connection at R/3 System With the Same Gateway Host And Gateway Service Of XI System to Open the SLD Connection . Then It Is Showing Error that There is No Configured Gateway.

Why it is Happening I don't Know .

Please Help me

Helpful ANS will be REwarded

Regards

Khanna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I saw This Thread

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b0/6c52418328db2be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

But here I Didn't Found that How to Install Gateway Service on My Machine....

Please Let me Know the Process..

Regards

Khanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

This SLD_NUC RFC Test is Working For XI System With Gateway Service What I have in R/3 System Gateway Service.

But For R/3 It is Not Working . If that Gateway Service in Not Installed on the Server Means It Should Not Work for the XI Machine Also.

Here It is Working For XI System And Not Working For R/3 System.

Regards

Khanna

prateek
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can We Install the Gateway After We Installed XI Installation And Post Installations ???

Regards

Khanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khanna,

You need to specify your server name and the instance number which is 00 in my case.