cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

I Created material type Verp. when iam doing VA01 this error occurs. pls any body give me some suggestion.

No item category available (Table T184 OR VERP).

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. U need to maintain the Item category

Go to VOV4 select the position for

Order type OR

Item category group VERP

Maintain Item category.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

when iam creating a customer in 0001 the system is asking for external number.

I have done number assignment also. i want internal number. can anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ebnezer,

Go to IMG - Financial accounting - accounts receivable and accounts payable - customer accounts - Master data - Preparations for creating customer master data - assign number ranges to customer account groups - position your customer account group and assign the appropriate number range. But before you assign just go to create number ranges for customer accounts. the system will show transaction code XDN1. in this just check whether the number range which you have selected for your account group is having tick on the EXT. indicator. if the tick is there then the system will ask for external number only. Then select any other number range which is internal and assign it to your account group.

I think this should solve your problem.

Reward valuable points if solution found useful.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the error is coming because there is no item category assignment maintained for packing material. go to transaction code VOV7- maintain item categories.There you have HUPM already maintained in the standard. fot this you have schedule line as CP maintained in the standard. If you copy HUPM and create a new one then you have to do everything that means scedule line category assignment also.

Now you have item category group for packing materials as VERP. Normally you can do packing from delivery also. First create the sales order in VA01, save it then go to VL01N, enter shipping point, press enter, then go to edit, pack and do the packing. Below i will show you the item category assignment for deliveries(0184) accordingly you do it for sales order

Go to transaction code VOV4. Here you have to assign the item category with respect to document type, item category group, item usage and higher level item category. Select your appropriate sales document type in the first column and maintain the settings as follows:-

Dlvt itCG Usg. ItmC ItmC MltC

F2 VERP DLN

F2 VERP PACK HUPM DLN

Similarly you do it for sales order.

Dlvt itCG Usg. ItmC ItmC MltC

OR VERP DLN

OR VERP PACK HUPM DLN

This you haveto maintain. If at all you get any error regarding item category determination just check it in VOV4 for sales document type and 0184 for delivery document types. The item category for packing material if relevant for billing then you have to maintin the condition records for the packing materials also otherwise you will get pricing error.

Hope I have answered your query. Please reward valuable points if solution found useful.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mr.Allabaqsh Patil.

Thanks for you kind reply. i done everything what u said. but it is giving error at VL01N.

Error: Copying is not possible because an entry is missing in the table TVCPL:LF TA DLN.

Pls give me solution.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In copy conytrol for Sales order to Delivery VTLA,the entry for item category is missing at item level for the item category you are using.

Maintain this entry in copy control at item level and your problem will be solved.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ebnezer,

Thankyou for your valuable points. I saw your error. It is related to copy control. I would advice you to check the copy control - sales document to delivery document(VTLA). Check for your sales document type and delivery document type. check all the fields. If you are still facing the problem then go to transaction code SE11, type your table name TVCPL, click on display, then on the menu choose UTILITIES in that you have 2 options, select create entries if you have the right then you can create.

I think this can solve your problem. My email adress is "allabaqsh@yahoo.com"

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ebnezer,

Go to VTLA (copy control from sales document to delivery document).

source document is your sales document and target document is your delivery document. After putting in the entries, enter, then select the row of your documents, then double click on ITEM. there you select the change mode, select new entries and enter your item category as DLN in both source as well as target documents.

ORDER REQUIREMENTS - 101(Item)

ITEM DATA - 101(Item)

ITEM EXT> SYSTEM - 0

BUSINESS DATA - 2(Business data)

UPDATE DOCUMENT FLOW - click on that

POS./NEG.quantity -(+)

Save it.

Then check your flow again.

Reward points if solution found useful,

Rewards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

You require to maintain item category assignment as under:

Sales Order Type + Item Category Group + Usage = Item Category

OR + NORM +VERP = TAN

The menupath is as under:

SPRO --> Sales & Distribution --> Sales --> Sales Documents --> Sales Document Item --> Assign Item Categories

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls check the item category for packing material VERP in IMG