cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Scenarios & Integration Processes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody please explain me what are the "Actions" and "Integration Scenarios" for in Integration Scenarios & Integration Processes? I understand that " Integration Processes" is for creating BPM processes.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An <b>action</b> represents a function within an application component that is not subdivided further. Actions subdivide the process flow of an integration scenario. Actions are shown as white triangles in the integration scenario editor. The vertical progression of actions from top to bottom corresponds to the logical process flow.

An <b>integration scenario</b> completely models the exchange of messages for a collaborative process and provides an overview of the process flow.

An <b>integration process </b>is an executable, cross-system process for processing messages. In an integration process you define all the process steps that are to be executed and the parameters relevant for controlling the process.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek

So how is Integration scenario different from Integration process. Is it possible for you to please provide an example where both are use, so that it makes it clear.

Thanks

Vijay

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vijay

Please see the below links.

For Actions :

An action represents a function within an application component that is not subdivided further. Actions subdivide the process flow of an integration scenario

Internal Actions : Defined for a ‘separate’ software component version.

You can use internal actions in application components (of type Product Version or Main Instance) that (by using the product version) contain the same software component version in which the action is implemented.

External Actions : Defined for a software component version of a partner or for templates.You can use external actions in application components (of type Template or Product Version) that (by using the product version) contain the same software component version in which the integration scenario is implemented.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/68/88a440df800160e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

For Integration Scenario :

An integration scenario completely models the exchange of messages for a collaborative process and provides an overview of the process flow. The integration scenario provides you with a central point of access for all objects that you require for semantic and technical integration

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2006/02/17/companion-guide-to-integration-scenario

See the below link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ee5bc490-0201-0010-e9b5-a258cf08...

Cheers..

Vasu

<i>** Reward Points if found useful **</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the relation between Integration Scenarios & Integration Processes & Actions?

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Have u read the link which I gave above. Integration Process is BPM, Integration scenarios contains Actions, In simple way Integration scenarios are the common place where u can refer all your objects. Just read the help it will clarify all ur doubts.

Best regards,

raj.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

You are right Integration process refers to BPM. Integration scenarios you can refer the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/88/7adb7a030b424b8ef29b99461e52a8/content.htm

Best regards,

raj.