cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Idoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I wanted to know how to build and IDOC before I send the values using IDOC to SAP to post AR Customer Invoice.

The scenario is, I have a file with Billing details received from Legacy system. I wanted to build the IDOC with certain validations and substitutions before I place the values into IDOC structure. Can I do validations and substitutions during building the IDOC, if so how and could you please explain the steps. Basically wanted to "Preprocess" the file received.

Your guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

It entirely depends upon your clients requirements and functional requirements how to preprocess the file before sending it as an Idoc. So check the specifications first. We can do the validations of the file. This ranges from doing simple checks in message mapping. If your requirements are becoming harder to do in message mapping then you can go with some external mappings like Java or xslt or even ABAP. Even if this doesnot fit your requirements then you can even develop an adapter module which filters your file.

Check this case study for file validations:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.highlightedcontent?documenturi=...ValidationsinSAPXI-ACaseStudy.pdf

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

you can perform the validations in a mapping. But XI is not supposed to perform Data Validations. Hence if you want to send the IDOC based on conditions then it is fine to use mapping. But if you want to perform the Data validation, then i guess the current XI does not support it. By Data validation i mean checking if the data obtained is correct or not.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sarath,

Why can't we do data validations? See suppose my input field must have quantity field as numeric, if it comes as non-numeric, is it not possible for me to filter it out. I think u are saying about schema validations, please correct me if i'm wrong.

Best regards,

raj.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam,

I really don't know what the validations u want to do, but u can try this option , before doing Source to IDOC mapping, do one more mapping say source and target are same and do the necessary validations. I think u need BPM because the outcome of first mapping need to be the input of second mapping.

This is my view, wait for other friends suggestions..

Best regards,

raj.