cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to JDBC error in receiver but success in message monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got some doubt about message monitoring (SXMB_MONI), I have JDBC (DB2) to JDBC (Oracle) scenario. The message monitoring always show me success eventhough it has error when inserting to the target system (Oracle).

I am only can trace use Communication Channel Monitoring to known that my transaction actually failed.

Is there any workaround to this problem

Thank you and Best Regards

Fernand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fernand,

In the receiver side are u using Asynchronous inbound interface? If yes try Synchronous you will get an error if the data inserted has error!!

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raj,

Yes, i used ansynchronous mode for receiver. but then can i still restart the message whenever got error during inserting to the target if i am using synchronous for receiver ?

If Yes than should be good solution.

Regards

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fernand,

I think synchronous message can't be restarted, but sort of error will you get? connection issue or data issue..

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The connection lost could be one of the possibility problem.

Can i use this scenario

Sender (JDBC, ansynchronous) -

> Receiver (JDBC, Synchronous), without BPM and then i still can see the message error whenever failed to insert into target system and restart the message.

or i have to use BPM for bridge between ansynchronous ---> synchronous mode.

Regards

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fernand,

Yah u can achieve the scenario without using BPM.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raj,

So now i am using both synchronous JDBC -

> JDBC, it is more save because the sender only update the selected records whenever receiver sucessfully insert into target system otherwise it will be repeating until success.

Best Regards

Fernand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fernand,

For more help see, http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

In the response message you will get <Insert_Count>value</Insert_Count> ,if its success ,if u don't want to use the response no probes just define as synch so if it fails you interface will fail.

Best regards,

raj.