cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New technology for forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am faced with a question that I am sure is asked and answered but I cannot find anything on the forums or on OSS.

For <b>FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING</b> documents only. In particular Invoices, Credit Notes and Customer Statements typically generated through transaction F.62. Is there SAP standard delivered content that is <b>NOT</b> SAPscript in ECC 5 (i.e. Smartforms or Adobe forms)?

I will need the transactions that generate these standard documents too if not F.62. Basically I have a need to update the SAPscripts to a newer technology but to copy the print programs for SAPscripts and make the form print into Functions for Smartforms or Adobe is going to take a lot of time and money.

And is SAP's approach to push all these standard business documents through Print WorkBench now?

Please do not supply general links to Smartforms or Adobe vs Smartforms etc these I have read and will not help me and I won't award points for these!

Cheers

Wayne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think it is best to ask it here, as this is where the developers who've made use of the standard content to output the various smartforms look. Usually the finance functional guys hand a spec or requirement over and don't really worry about the how of getting it done, they just want the end product.

I'm really after developer experience in changing their systems from old SAP script to the newer Smartform or Adobe Forms technology.

In practice I find most people go the traditional, modify the standard print program and do a whole bunch of coding to call the smartform which they design from scratch or use the pathetic "migrate from SAPscript" tool.

There must be a better way and the fact is SAP FI is one of the most used and settled modules so why is this such a tough question.

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think it is better to ask this question in the Financial forums, as you find people there with specific knowladge.

Kind regards,

Dezso