cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a ghost activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to delete an activity using some administrative tool. The user who checked out the activity crashed his harddisk and hence the activity can't be checked in or reverted back from his machine.

I have seen some thread explaining you can do this from the DTR web UI by searching the activity. However when I login with all the adminstrative rights I can only search for the activities but cannot delete it.

Do I need to assign myself to a specific role to be a DTR administrator? I have J2EE Administrator role assigned to the ID I am using for the DTR web UI.

If anybody has ever successfully deleted a activity using administration please let me know, I will be really greatful.

Thanks

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

The activities can be deleted by the following procedure:

Access the DTR server using the URL:

http://<host>:<http-port>/dtr/

Then, go to "system tool"s and then "reports".

Then, click on "Activity Search". In the Workspace field, give the name of the workspace in which the activity was created. Give the path starting from "ws" folder upto the "workspace" name. Then, select whatever filters you require. For example, Opened only or Closed-only. Then, click on "Show".

This displays the list of activities. Click on the activity whoch shows the activity details. On, top right corner there will be a button for "REVERT". Click on it.

In the following screen, Check the check box "Delete from resource also" and then click on revert button.

This deletes the activity from the server.

Award points if helpful.

Regards,

Sumanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

I was able to get the revert activity from the drop down. However I am getting the following message when reverting the activity

<i>Precondition concurrency-lock-denied check failed</i>

I appreciate all your help.

Thanks

Ankur

Message was edited by:

Ankur Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

But this doesn't list how to delete an activity. I am aware about the DTR administration, but is there any way to get rid of an activity created by other user assuming I don't even have that user's workspace any more.