cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make text field editable in Master Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've a requirement that the User should be able to edit the Text field in the Master Page.

I set the Object-> Value-> Type = "User Entered - Required"

But still I'm not able to edit that field in the generated PDF.

I'm using LifeCycle Designer 7.0.

Thanks,

Vimukta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you use "ISR Text Edit" field .We are using LifeCycle Designer 7.1 and able edit the field when it executing the form in Portal.

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gopal. But I do not see "ISR Text Field" in the Standard/Barcodes/Custom Library. All I see is "Text" and "Text Field".

I've Lifecycle Designer 7.0 (and NOT 7.1). May be ISR Text Field is available only with 7.1

Any ideas how to make this work.

Thanks,

Vimukta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimukta,

Do check out the SAP Note - 947633.

Hope this helps,

Kind Rgds,

Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Antony,

I was able to install ISR Library.

Now I use "ISR Text" in the Master Page, but still it is not editable in the generated PDF. (I'm using Web Dynpro).

When I right click on the text in the PDF, it displays me options to "Copy yo Clipboard", "Copy with formating", replace text (comment), highlight text (comment).....etc.

I am getting these options with regular Text field also in Master Page.

Any idea what is going on?

Many Thanks,

Vimukta

Former Member
0 Kudos

then try scripting for the field like

$.access = " " in the from ready event, formcalc.

see if it is working fine. Refer the adobe designer help and there is a recent blog on Adobe form scripting.

<a href="/people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2006/01/31/access-mode-and-presence-of-fields-on-adobe-interactive-forms

<a href="/people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2007/05/30/useful-documentation-for-developing-interactive-forms 2. - thanks to Juergen Hauser</a>

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.