cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLS Read Timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating a transactions that joins results from three separate xMII documents (two SQL queries and one xMII document built from an external xml file). The three documents each have five columns and approximately 4000 rows. When I execute the transaction with ROWCOUNT set to 100 it works fine. When I set the ROWCOUNT to 5000 to accommodate all of my data, it crashes with the following error:

[ERROR]: Error executing transaction: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

No other tracing is provided.

After playing around with the logic, I have determined that the crash occurs at the first joiner.

Any thoughts??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems like the error is for one (or both) of the SQL query action blocks.

Does the first joiner joins the 2 SQL queries? What type of a join is that?

Try executing the queries independently with the mentioned rowcount. How does it behave?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udayan -

The sequence of operations is as follows:

Sequence 1:

- Execute SQL select query against DB1

- Execute SQL select query against DB2

- Create An XML document to hold static xml

Sequence 2:

- Read static XML file

Sequence 3:

- Repeat through row elements of Static XML

Sequence 4:

- Append Repeater output to XML document

Sequence 5: ( this branch is independant of the repeater. It is a right branch off of sequence 1)

- Join XML Document with First SQL query

<CRASH OCCURS HERE>

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The editor by default is set to timeout after 5 min. A few options there is a Execution timeout globel property to change this, see note 951485 for more info. You can also run transaction using running in a browser without limit.

Example:

http://<servername>/Lighthammer/Runner?Transaction=/path/trxname&LogType=TRACEDEBUG

Regards,

Jamie

Answers (0)