cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to integrate oracle with sap netweaver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I want to integrate sap netweaver with oracle backend system.I've Sneak Preview trail version.. how can i do that?? need steps..or screen shots..and also that can we display that pulled data in a graphical manner like bar chart or pie chart or graphs..

Regards,

Murugan a

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi murugan,

To do this scenario there many ways from Netweaver Developer studio.You can use a web project or a webdynpro for this.For all the steps are similar.

1.Copy the Oracle DB driver file in the "lib" folder of your Webdynpro or Web project perspective.

2.Create a conection for the DataSource.

3.Use ur Statement to excute ur DML query.

4.Iterate through your result set.

5.Finally,since your requirement is being Graphical manner,I suggest you to go for Webdynpros.

6.You have Business Graphics UI element in Webdynpros.

7.Bind the value attribute node of the Business Graphics Elements directly to the result set column from the oracle Database.

8.For this you have make sure that IGS (Internet Graphical Services) has to be deployed in your WAS.

9.You can go for any kind of charts like Bar charts or pie charts using the above.

10.After you have shown your result in Webdynpros,close your connection to your Oracle Database.

Hope the above steps helps.

Regards,

Guru

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru, Hi Murugan,

> Copy the Oracle DB driver file in the "lib" folder

> of your Webdynpro or Web project perspective.

This in fact is what you should not do. In J2EE enviroments, you will have the possibility to define DataSources for existing DBs.

Having done so, you can just access the DataSource from the J2EE server via JNDI. By this way, you can manage the Databases centrally, you can exchange the underlying databases for a defined alias without touching the application using it, you avoid installing drivers three, four or more times, ... advantages over advantages

See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_webas630/helpdata/en/b0/6e62f30cbe9e44977c78dbdc7a6b27/frameset.htm for an overview how to do this on SAP J2EE server.

Hope it helps

Detlev

PS: Murugan, please consider rewarding points for helpful answers on SDN, as others already mentioned... Thanks in advance!

Answers (0)