cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structured mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there anything like structure mapping in xi ?? or otherwise whatever the mappings that we use like ABAP, XSLT, JAVA etc .......will be called as structure mapping ?? If I got to choose out of these which XI supports

a. Structure Mapping

b. Node mapping

c. Value Mapping

d. Functional Mapping

then I believe value mapping is the only one that XI supports. plz correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

As far as my references and understanding the answer to your question is

<b>Structure Mapping</b> & <b>Value Mapping</b>.

<b><i><b>SAP Definition:</b></i></b>

Define Mapping rules to assign fields that are semantically identical - <b>Structure Mapping</b>

Conversion rules to transfer the field content to target format -<b>Value Mapping</b>.

Best regards,

raj.

Message was edited by:

Raj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys,

Everyone is saying XI supports Node mapping & Functional Mapping, is there any documents or links that says XI supports Node mapping & functional mapping, if do u have please reply the same. Because when I read the document it says XI supports Structure & value mapping. It will be more helpful.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palnati.

Value Mapping is not structural mapping. It is just like a container to maintain name-value pairs. Though it is much advanced. The remaining mappings you have specified Structure, node and functional mapping are all achievable by using the Graphical/Message mapping, ABAP, XSLT and Java mapping. Graphical mapping is used when your mapping logic is simple - medium. When it is going to be complex, you can use ABAP, XSLT and Java. The performance of XSLT and Java mappings are more compared to ABAP mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

XI supports all of the above (all 4 items). Virtually everything you can do with XSLT, you can do with Message Mapping.

Regards,

Bill