cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSP Taglib Parsing Error on J2EE Engine 6.20

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i am running a stand-alone version of the SAP J2EE Engine 6.20 on Windows XP. i am trying to deploy an EAR file. in the web application portion (part of the WAR file), i have a custom jsp tag library file. and i made an entry for it in the web.xml deployment descriptor.

all were deployed successfully except the .tld taglib file. i received the following error, which doesn't make much sense. i am attaching the top portion of my .tld file at the end of this posting for your reference.

btw, the same file works fine on weblogic. plus, i grabbed the htmlb.tld file from the sap portal pdk installation. it even received the same parsing error. i am sure the htmlb.tld is properly formed.

is this a known problem? is there a fix or workaround?

thanks for your help.

wentao

=============exception received ==================================

com.inqmy.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: No data allowed here (C:SAP_J2EEngine6.20aloneservicesservlet_jspwork

jspTempmycomp oot/WEB-INF/tlds, row:2, col:2)

at com.inqmy.lib.xml.parser.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:127)

at com.inqmy.lib.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:130)

at com.inqmy.lib.xml.StandardDOMParser.parse(StandardDOMParser.java:114)

at com.inqmy.lib.xml.StandardDOMParser.parse(StandardDOMParser.java:92)

at com.inqmy.services.servlets_jsp.server.ServletContextFacade.init(ServletContextFacade.java:2438)

at com.inqmy.services.servlets_jsp.server.ServletContextFacade.init(ServletContextFacade.java:2321)

at com.inqmy.services.servlets_jsp.server.ServletsAndJspImpl.createContext(ServletsAndJspImpl.java:789)

at com.inqmy.services.servlets_jsp.server.ServletsAndJspImpl.

<!other lines skipped......>

</taglib>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

have you submitted an OSS message?

Did you check for the latest patch of J2EE 6.20?

Thanks,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, i actually found a workaround, or perhaps it was supposed to work this way?

what i did is to move the .tld file from WEB-INF/mysubdir/ to directly under WEB-INF/. also in the web.xml, i changed the taglib-location to include the .tld file name, instead of just pointing to the directory that contains the .tld file. these two things made it work on 6.20.

i got the idea after reading the 6.30 doc. it is not obvious even from the doc that you have to place the taglib file under WEB-INF only. the second part of my workaround is also mentioned in the doc, but as a recommendation.

anyway, thanks for you help.

wentao

kyo_choi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Would you post example web.xml which corrected your issue?

I have the same problem and I did similar steps but I am still getting the same message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for late response. i haven't come to this forum for a while, been fighting the portal battle lately :-)...

here is the entry in my web.xml:

<taglib>

<taglib-uri>/tlds</taglib-uri>

<taglib-location>WEB-INF/advantage.tld</taglib-location>

</taglib>

and here is the line in my jsp file referring to the taglib:

<%@ taglib prefix="v" uri="/tlds" %>

hope the above helps.