cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Java Dictionary With Oracle

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Can Someone tell how can i configure my java dictionary with oracle...Currently if a create a table from my IDE and then deploy it it deploys to the Default SAP DB ...how do i directrly create tables in oracle by just specifying the Deploy option ...

And further on I want my web Dynpro application to talk with oracle db..how do i acheive this..

Please Help!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It has been stated that we can use java dictionary only in conjunction with the Java Database schema and not with any other..(Java DB schema is SAP <sid>DB).

So if we want to use other DB we have to use DDL & DML statements to create tables and edit data. You can configure the DSN for databases. But configuring Java Dictionary as such for different DB 's is not possible.

Regards

Bharathwaj

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Does this mean that the additional features of The Java Dictionary (bufferring etc ) can only be implemented if we ONLY connect to the SAP DB and if I have to utilize the services of Java Dictionary in my application i can only use The SAP DB database..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does this mean that the additional features of The Java Dictionary (bufferring etc ) can only be implemented if we ONLY connect to the SAP DB---- YES

If I have to utilize the services of Java Dictionary in my application i can only use The SAP DB database -- YES

You deploy a dictionary project to create a table in the DB.

When it is a DB created and used by Web AS ,it is possible to create tables in that DB with dictionary project using the standard connection parameters specified in visual admin.

Java Dictionary purpose is to create a DB abstraction by providing a standard interface to create tables whatever the DB used by WebAS maybe.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Edited by: Bharathwaj R - Hope this makes it clear !

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

In the last reply there is a statement by Bharathwaj

"Java Dictionary purpose is to create a DB abstraction by providing a standard interface to create tables <u>whatever the DB maybe.</u>"

This is what i am interested in ..."<b> whatever the DB maybe</b>"...how is data dictionary helpful across different databases (or DB other than SAP DB)..

Please do reply...

katarzyna_fecht
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a very late answer, but the right statement could be:

"One of Java Dictionary's purpose is to create a DB abstraction by providing a standard interface to create tables whatever the DBMS is"

With NW 04, Java Dictionary creates tables in the system database of the target SAP NW AS Java.

The system database only - but regardless on the DBMS you use (MaxDB, Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM). Dictionary definitions are portable and work immediately on each supported DBMSs.

Accessing DB from Web Dynpro: Better, only if you work with other db than the system database, configure a server side data source for you DB first(for example using the Visual Administrator tool - JDBC connector service).

Next, in Web Dynpro, look up the appropriate data source up using JNDI interfaces.

Regards, Katharina

Regards, Katharina

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

1.Copy the Oracle DB driver file in the "lib" folder of your Webdynpro perspective.

2.Create a connection for the DataSource in the Oracle DB.

3.Use ur Statement to excute ur DML query.

4.Iterate through your result set.

5.Bind the value attribute node of the UI element (Say a Table) directly to the result set column from the oracle Database.

6.After you have shown your result in Webdynpros,close your connection of your Oracle Database.

Hope the above steps helps.

Regards,

Guru

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

1.Copy the Oracle DB driver file in the "lib" folder of your Webdynpro perspective.

2.Create a connection for the DataSource in the Oracle DB.

3.Use ur Statement to excute ur DML query.

4.Iterate through your result set.

5.Bind the value attribute node of the UI element (Say a Table) directly to the result set column from the oracle Database.

6.After you have shown your result in Webdynpros,close your connection of your Oracle Database.

Hope the above steps helps.

Regards,

Guru