cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load partial data into Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My current production system Planning area has data for Backlog and Forecast. I have a situation where, after I back up the Planning Area and reload the Key Figures data back into the Planning area, I need to load only the data for Forecast and not for Backlog. Can I do this ? If so what precautions do I have to undertake to avoid inconsistency? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Am not sure if you plan to back it up permanently into a cube for any other purpose other than this copy....

you can also use a spare version to copy this data in the same planning area

you can use the transaction /SAPAPO/TSCOPY (or program/SAPAPO/RTSCOPY) to do this

1. you define your source and target planning area / version

2. Use selection conditions and grouping conditions there

3. Define your KF . In your case it will be Backlog and Forecast on the first Copy and in the copy back it will be KF for forecast alone

in order to avoid inconsistencies, just make sure you have the correct level copying in and out

also run the report /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK for good measure before you copy back

If you have a strategy for permanent back up or processing your forecast in the backup, then the process will be different..

also you need to be sure of the KF disaggregation you want when you copy back but for that one needs more information on your resons for backup and copy back

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your quick reply. By the way the backup am planning to make is only temporary as we are going to introduce a new characteristic in to our planning area. Currently the History (Backlog) and forecast is based on a key figure which is already existent in our planning area. But now we are introducing a new characteristic to split the Backlog (History data) i.e., backlog to be based on the new characteristic and Forecast on already existing characteristic.

So I have an answer from you and Visu and that its possible to do this. I will get back in case I have any other issued. Thanks again for your reply.

Best Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

You can generate an export datasource to extract data from planning area. Then load all data into a cube. Then from this cube, load it into another interim cube where you can use your update rules to write a logic to filer out the backlogs. Now, you can use transaction /SAPAPO/TSCOPY to copy this data to planning area.

See if this works.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose Visu meant /SAPAPO/TSCUBE to copy from infocube to planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry! It's TSCUBE not copy. Thanks for the correction Harish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Thanks for your reply. It is very helpful though.

Best Regards

Bala