Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print BAR CODE in SAP SMART FORMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to print inspection lot's BAR CODE in the smart form, but i dont know the way how to print this into the smartform.

if anyone have any idea, please suggest me how to print this as it is urgent for me to complete the object.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Abnish Jain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abnish,

Welcome to SDN.

We are able to print barcodes from smartforms. Doing this way, we print barcodes on laser printers.

We are also printing from sap to zebra printers using two ways:

1. Download the data to an excel sheet, then creating a macro that opens the printer port and sending the commands to the printer through this "file". All this is done via vb script provided with excel)..

2. The second way is creating a vbscript (an ascii file from sap) with the printer commands and then runing it using ws_execute.

You need a barcode reader to read the barcodes, and this scanner acts like a keyboard, it sends the data scanned to the active field on screen. (which might be a notepad, word, excel or an input field or ... ).

From 4.6c on, you can use smartforms to print barcodes without buying any barcode.dll software nor hardware extention like Bardimm on any laser/inkjet printer (Please Note that I haven't mentioned Zebra printers here!). To do this, you have to create a smartstyle -> character format with the desired barcode font (defined within sap). Then in the smartform, create a window, put the field and associate it the character format. That's all (I mean, that's all we do at least :-). I think, you have to consider the barcode specifications before sending the barcode value to the smartform (Just an example, if you're using 3 of 9, the code should start and end with an asterisk - '*' -) We're printing an interleaved 2 out of 5 barcode in our invoices due to a legal requirement, and we did it this way.

3. If you have a barcode scanner, then you should not need reading the barcode into an ascii file to get the data read in an standard or custom screen field. You can read it directly to the field you want. (unless... you have complex data coded in the barcode - for example if you're using an ean-ucc 128 compliant code and you're sending several fields in a single code ... In this case, an interface is almost mandatory because you must interpret the data fields according to the ucc standard, split the code into several fields .... and .... pure programming logic ).

To put it clear: if you have to read, for example, a barcode that holds the legal number of an invoice using a barcode scanner and this number should be sent to migo-> bktxt then you don't need an interface. The scanner itself acts like a fast operator entering the characters using a keyboard and filling in the field.

We're reading barcodes in several places (when we finish each pallet, when we receive an invoice, and so on. Each case is a different screen. We arent using an ascii file to read these barcodes. Furthermore, we read the invoice legal number into migo bktxt field (Head Text).

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/questions-about-bar-code-printing-in-sap.htm

Regards

Naren

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abnish,

Welcome to SDN.

We are able to print barcodes from smartforms. Doing this way, we print barcodes on laser printers.

We are also printing from sap to zebra printers using two ways:

1. Download the data to an excel sheet, then creating a macro that opens the printer port and sending the commands to the printer through this "file". All this is done via vb script provided with excel)..

2. The second way is creating a vbscript (an ascii file from sap) with the printer commands and then runing it using ws_execute.

You need a barcode reader to read the barcodes, and this scanner acts like a keyboard, it sends the data scanned to the active field on screen. (which might be a notepad, word, excel or an input field or ... ).

From 4.6c on, you can use smartforms to print barcodes without buying any barcode.dll software nor hardware extention like Bardimm on any laser/inkjet printer (Please Note that I haven't mentioned Zebra printers here!). To do this, you have to create a smartstyle -> character format with the desired barcode font (defined within sap). Then in the smartform, create a window, put the field and associate it the character format. That's all (I mean, that's all we do at least :-). I think, you have to consider the barcode specifications before sending the barcode value to the smartform (Just an example, if you're using 3 of 9, the code should start and end with an asterisk - '*' -) We're printing an interleaved 2 out of 5 barcode in our invoices due to a legal requirement, and we did it this way.

3. If you have a barcode scanner, then you should not need reading the barcode into an ascii file to get the data read in an standard or custom screen field. You can read it directly to the field you want. (unless... you have complex data coded in the barcode - for example if you're using an ean-ucc 128 compliant code and you're sending several fields in a single code ... In this case, an interface is almost mandatory because you must interpret the data fields according to the ucc standard, split the code into several fields .... and .... pure programming logic ).

To put it clear: if you have to read, for example, a barcode that holds the legal number of an invoice using a barcode scanner and this number should be sent to migo-> bktxt then you don't need an interface. The scanner itself acts like a fast operator entering the characters using a keyboard and filling in the field.

We're reading barcodes in several places (when we finish each pallet, when we receive an invoice, and so on. Each case is a different screen. We arent using an ascii file to read these barcodes. Furthermore, we read the invoice legal number into migo bktxt field (Head Text).

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/questions-about-bar-code-printing-in-sap.htm

Regards

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to create the Bar code in Smart style character format and use the style in the smartform.

Shreekant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abnish Jain

Check this threads:

This will help you

Best regards

Jaime cordeiro

0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

Thanks a lot for your help................

Best Regards,

Abnish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Links given are useful..........