cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPS vs SP?

Former Member

hi ,

what is the difference between SPS and SP?are they same notation ?

thx

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Duby_BI
Explorer
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

There is nothing difference between them. Both are same.

SPS is Support Package Stack and SP is service pack.

Check this realease notes on this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c9/9844428e9cbe30e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

what are the release notes for Netweaver 2004s?

I think you have given me for 2004?

BTW ,what are the checks need to be done on Installed and configured XI system in order to start the development?any guide?

thanks.

Babu

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

There is no exact document. Only thing is the installation guide and the configuration guide you can download from the market place. Once the box is installed everything needs to be configured as given in the configuration guide or all the post installation steps needs to be done.

You can check this weblog for few testings:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/02/21/verifying-xi-components

Also do a sldcheck and see whether any errors are there? Try to start develop the interface. If you do have any errors post back here. Somebody can help you out.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

infact I found one document in service market place.it says about all the checks we need to do before we start deve.

thank you.

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

Check this weblog also:

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/18/steps-for-a-sound-footing-in-your-xi-project

Also you can check this SAP help for prerequisites for integration process:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c0/5ee6415b006024e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Also please let us know about the document what you are talking about.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya good links.no option to award points for this as I havent mentioned as question.

thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats fine Babu.

Have a good time.

Cheers,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

is it required to have all components in XI to be on same SP?my basis guy says like we can upgrade components when we run into error during the development.

and what are the components like need to be on same SP?

thx

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

Whenever they have installed they would have installed one service pack. That should be fine.

When ever they want to upgrade then they can upgrade to a higher version. There is nothing like one service pack for each of the component. So dont worry about this as of now.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok,thank you Satish.