cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to verify XI picked up the IDOC ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to set a scenario, IDOC -> XI (BPM) -> FILE. The SAP guy sends IDOC, but my interface does not pick it up. So how can I verify that the IDOC is available for XI to be picked up ? I checked SXMB_MONI but did not find anything there.

The configuration objects are like follows.

<b>Receiver Determination:</b>

Sender: Service: SAPClientSystem, Interface: IDOC name

Receiver: Service: IntegrationProcess

Sender: Service: IntegrationProcess, Interface: Abstract interface

Receiver: Service: Business Service, Interface: Inbound interface

<b>Interface Determination:</b>

Sender: Service: SAPClientSystem, Interface: IDOC name

Receiver: Service: IntegrationProcess

Sender: Service: IntegrationProcess, Interface: Abstract interface

Receiver: Service: Business Service, Interface: Inbound interface

Am I missing anything ?

Thanks.

- Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

look at SM58 of ERP system and SMQ2 of XI system.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

I do not have access to ERP system. In SMQ2, no queues are selected.

Thanks.

- Atul

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

i dont think you control or test or develop a IDoc scenario without access to ERP. If your SMQ2 is empty and no msg in SXMB_MONI than nothing was sent successfully to XI.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

The interface was already developed and running successfully. What I did is some changes in the BPM and Configuration objects. So I do not need to have access to ERP.

Is it possible that XI picks up the IDOC but fails immediately ? What is the entry point for IDOC in XI ? Is it Interface Determination, with service as ERP system and Interface as abstract interface of Integration Process ?

Thanks for your help.

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

SMQ2 is the entry point. If you have there then you should also see in sxmb_moni. If you dont have there then it has not reached in XI.

So check in SM58 and SMQ1 of R3 whether you have any errors?

---Satish

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atul,

If you don't have access to backend system how IDOC is getting posted, is there any background job that posts the IDOC to XI, how u r triggering the Interface.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The guy on R/3 side runs his job to post the IDOCs.

Thanks.

- Atul

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atul,

Ask him to check whether the IDOC has been successfully posted, as earlier replies ask him to check in SM58 also in we02 outbound idoc status.

best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ATUL,

ask the guys to run job RBDMOIND this will update the status of the idoc in the sender.

If after this the status is 12 then the idoc is inside XI.

If it is still 3 then the idoc never left the sender R3.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

U can also check the status of idoc whether they has reached XI or not through IDX5.

Thanks,

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, now I have access to R/3.

I tried sm58 and saw lots of red messages saying 'Name or password incorrect'. Then requested the R/3 guy to fix it. He did it and resent the IDOC.

Now in tcode bd87 on R/3 system, I see the IDOC under 'Data passed to port OK' with green light. Does this mean that IDOC is in XI now ? I checked sxmb_moni in XI but it is not there.

Thanks.

- Atul

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atul,

Check the following,

WE02 - Outbound IDOC (SAP R/3 system)

WE02 - Inbound IDOC (XI Appln.system)

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked with /we02. IDOC is there with green light.

Thanks.

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ATUL,

"Data passed to port OK" is status 3 and does not mean the idoc was dispatched to the receiver (XI), that is instead status 12.

To check if the final status is 12 or 3 (temporary status) you have to run job RBDMOIND this will update the status of the idoc in R3.

If after this the status is 12 then the idoc is inside XI.

In this case if you don't see it in SXMB_MONI have a look at SMQ2, maybe the idoc is stuck there

If it is still 3 then the idoc never left the sender R3, check again in SM58

BTW have a look at <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/frameset.htm">Problem Analysis Guide: Sending an IDoc through XI Failed</a>

Regards,

Sergio

PS: awards points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergio,

How do I run the job RBDMOIND ?

Thanks.

- Atul

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atul,

go to se 38 and give the name RBDMOIND and execute.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

from Se38,

specify the report name RBDMOIND and execture it (F8).

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ran the job RBDMOIND. Now the status is '12', 'Dispatch OK'.

I tried tcode idx1 as mentioned in the link posted above. But it displays empty list. Should it display something ?

Thanks.

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

then the idoc is in XI.

I suggest you to send another copy of the same idoc from R3 and check if you can see it in XI.

check SXMB_MONI and SMQ2

Is XI a new installation?

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope. Both tcodes SXMB_MONI and SMQ2 returned with empty list.

XI is not a new installation. It has been running since atleast last 5 years.

Thanks.

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's strange.

are you using an coherent start date for the search in SXMB_MONI? If you see nothing in SMQ2 then this mean that you should be able to see in SXMB_MONI.

Try using an old time stamp and specifing only that idoc as sender interface.

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

The IDOC is sent today in the morning. I am trying to get last one week's IDOCs but it still does not bring anything.

As I mentioned earlier, should it display something in tcode idx1 ?

Thanks.

- Atul

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atul,

IDX1 is port definition ,u can't check anything over there. as I told in my previous replies did u tried in WE02 of XI Appln system(not ECC) can u see anything in Inbound IDOCS.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

for sure, in IDX1 you should have defined the idoc port used by the idoc adapter to talk with your R3 system.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

WE02 inside XI?? it is not used inside XI, WE02 is the monitor for idoc in the ale layer, XI is a replacement of the ale layer, that's why WE02 is not used and even if you are able to see an idoc in SXMB_MONI you will not see it in WE02.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergio,

That's it! The guy on R/3 side, setup the port and it started it flowing again! I do not who and how the port was removed, though.

Anyway, thanks for all your support.

I have awarded you points.

- Atul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

if u go through the below link ,definitely u can find solution to the your problem

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

if it helpful give the points....

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

To get Idoc from SAP to XI there are few settings needs to be done. Check this document and see whether all the settings are done or not. If you dont have permissions ask your basis guys.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sapR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized&

---Satish