cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability monitoring of JAVA server nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are looking to establish availability monitoring for our ABAP and JAVA systems, for this we are using CCMSPING and so far we are able to monitor ABAP and JAVA system, but we would like to go further and monitor availability of JAVA server nodes, lamentably under the CCMS monitoring architecture and under Availability monitoring the field for “Available J2EE Server Nodes” is only for information, for that reason we do not receive any alert and we can not define any auto-reaction method and only when the entire JAVA instance is down is when we get a alert from the CCMS monitoring architecture.

Basically the objective is to monitoring not only JAVA instances but server nodes inside of those JAVA instances, so far we think that there is not possible to do it through CCMSPING, but maybe with GRMG, but we do not know how to do it and if this is something that can be done through the CCMS monitoring architecture will be great, so we can use the same alerting architecture and dashboards that we have for monitoring the rest of our systems.

Thanks,

Zareh Vazquez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to developed powershell scripts that help me to analyze the HTTP responde code and then either alert using email or web service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a concept called GRMG in WAS. The given link here will tell you how to establish that and use it for Availability monitoring of all java apps in the Java Stack.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/0e/ab777f750cfb4b88007385aaa07e5a/frameset.htm

just follow this and you would definitely help you.

Please reward points if useful.

Regards,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sree,

We have GRMG configured for in some of our JAVA systems, that give you the picture of the entire cluster or instances and it is based also on services, but does not detail on server nodes, and what we are looking for is to know when a java server nodes is restarted for any reason on java cluster (usually on our environment this happens because a out of memory condition).

Thanks again for your comments,

Zareh Vazquez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zareh,

Did you install the alerting mechanism for java server node, if installed please provide me the details.

I am also trying to put an alerting mechanism to find the availabilty of a server node in java cluster and thinking of using GRMG heartbeat mechanism.

Thanks & Regards

Aby

Edited by: Aby Paul on Jan 19, 2009 6:17 AM

former_member192350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you looked at the Monitoring Setup Guides yet? Check under the Monitoring section at http://service.sap.com/operationsnw70, for example.

Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rich,

I already explored the option to use GRMG and the scenario “sap.com/com.sap.engine.heartbeat”, but what happened is that check the availability of the entire engine but not for just one server node, and we want to know is when a server node goes down, an email or something like that.

Thanks again,

Zareh

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sunil,

We have configured the CCMS agent for JAVA, there is not any MTE class that can help to monitor availability of server nodes, there is just MTE's for services, memory, threads, applications, etc. but nothing about availability, I expected to see something inside the dispatcher, but there is nothing. Maybe the closest is the Monitored Processes inside the OperatingSystem, but that is not enough, we need to know that the servernode is completely up with all the application up and running. I think that it could be more related with GRMG monitoring. If you have any other idea, or know which is the MTE inside of the J2EE monitoring that we can use for this purpose I will really appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Zareh Vazquez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunil,

Vivek here was trying to contact you.

I found your replies here and wanted to know about your contact details.

Kindly send me an email on <email address deleted by moderator>.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek