cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR DURING HOMOGENEOUS COPY(ORACLE PROCEDURE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

I have to do homogeneous copy of my ecc 5.0 which is installed on windows server 2003 service pack2 through oracle specific procedure but in database instance installation its giving me error on 15th phase that is :- ORA-01194 file string needs more recovery to be consistent. that is in D:\oracle\SID\sapdata1\system_1. It seems to me may be because our backup is not consistent but i am not sure because at the time of backup up our sap server was stopped and system was in safe mode with networking that means all the oracle services was stopped..we took backup through copy all the oracle files through lan copy..i need to know is this the right method to copy files through network and this is exaclty the offiline backup we do not have any tape drive we r taking backup on harddisk.

kindly guide me the right procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what files were copied in system copy? you must copy all database file inclusing control files and online redologs...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I m copying all the database files like :sapdata,mirrlog,origlog,saparch,arch files.

but i m not sure if the procedure which i m following is ryt or not.i m copying all the oracle folders in safe mode with networking.

Kindly please tell how make database shutdown manually.

second thing is any process of databse is already not working when i m restarting the system in safe mode with networking??

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can copy the files on windows normal mode only, but be sure to stop the sap,db and sap,oracle services from services.msc..then copy this files to the target including cntrl files.pls go thru the system copy guides from SMP [Removed by the moderator.]

Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Thx for ur response .. but i m already copying this folder in safe mode with networking so i think all the services of ORACLE is already stopped..do u think any way to take the backup of this folder will work??can u please suggest me the right procedure to take the backup of this folder?how to make the databse exactly offline? i have to finish my this task very soon.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As ur in safe mode and oracle services is not running, this itself tells that database is offline..

shut down SAP MMC and Oracle by sapdba or brtools then from windows service stop the relavant services.. then copy those datafiles,redologs, to the trgt machine

if u want to change the db sid then in the soruce machine u have to backup cntrl files to trace, then edit the tracefile and recreate this in targt machine and restore the db.. all these steps are deeply touched in systemcopy guides all u need is patience to read that document and go live

again pls go thru system copy guide in SMP [Removed by the moderator.] .they really useful guides

Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

some people strongly recomment to

alter system switch logfile

this command should be repeated for each redo log group (typcially 4 times).

then

shutdown immediate.

then stop the OracleServiceSID service

and copy the database.

On the other hand recovery of the database on the target host should be possible to - if you have´exactly the same database version (pathset + hotfixes) running there.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i m getting this error now :-

ERROR 2007-06-13 01:38:09

CJS-00084 SQL statement or script failed. DIAGNOSIS: Error message: ORA-16032: parameter LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST destination string cannot be translatedORA-09291: sksachk: invalid device specified for archive destinationOSD-04018: Unable to access the specified directory or device.O/S-Error: (OS 3) The system cannot find the path specified.CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE*ERROR at line 1:ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post the value of LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST here?

- Elmar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When r u getting the error, while opening the db, Chk the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST in the initsid.ora and try to open the db with pfile.

regards, Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

The exact errors is which i m getting on phase 15 of database installation.

Ora-01110 datafile1;'/oracle/DEV/sapdata1/system_1/system.data1 need be more consistent.

and this is what i create the control file structure from source system for target system.

STARTUP NOMOUNT

CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE SET DATABASE "DEV" RESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG

-- SET STANDBY TO MAXIMIZE PERFORMANCE

MAXLOGFILES 255

MAXLOGMEMBERS 3

MAXDATAFILES 1022

MAXINSTANCES 50

MAXLOGHISTORY 1134

LOGFILE

GROUP 1 (

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\ORIGLOGA\LOG_G11M1.DBF',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\MIRRLOGA\LOG_G11M2.DBF'

) SIZE 50M,

GROUP 2 (

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\ORIGLOGB\LOG_G12M1.DBF',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\MIRRLOGB\LOG_G12M2.DBF'

) SIZE 50M,

GROUP 3 (

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\ORIGLOGA\LOG_G13M1.DBF',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\MIRRLOGA\LOG_G13M2.DBF'

) SIZE 50M,

GROUP 4 (

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\ORIGLOGB\LOG_G14M1.DBF',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\MIRRLOGB\LOG_G14M2.DBF'

) SIZE 50M

-- STANDBY LOGFILE

DATAFILE

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA1\SYSTEM_1\SYSTEM.DATA1',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA1\UNDO_1\UNDO.DATA1',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA3\PRD_1\PRD.DATA1',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA3\PRD_2\PRD.DATA2',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA3\PRD_3\PRD.DATA3',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA3\PRD_4\PRD.DATA4',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA3\PRD_5\PRD.DATA5',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA4\PRD_6\PRD.DATA6',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA4\PRD_7\PRD.DATA7',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA4\PRD_8\PRD.DATA8',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA4\PRD_9\PRD.DATA9',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA4\PRD_10\PRD.DATA10',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA1\PRD640_1\PRD640.DATA1',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA1\PRD640_2\PRD640.DATA2',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA1\PRD640_3\PRD640.DATA3',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA1\PRD640_4\PRD640.DATA4',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA1\PRD640_5\PRD640.DATA5',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA2\PRD640_6\PRD640.DATA6',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA2\PRD640_7\PRD640.DATA7',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA2\PRD640_8\PRD640.DATA8',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA2\PRD640_9\PRD640.DATA9',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA2\PRD640_10\PRD640.DATA10',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA3\PRD640_11\PRD640.DATA11',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA4\PRD640_12\PRD640.DATA12',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA4\PRD640_13\PRD640.DATA13',

'D:\ORACLE\DEV\SAPDATA4\PRDUSR_1\PRDUSR.DATA1'

CHARACTER SET UTF8

;

Regards,

Rohit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having a similar issue with an Oracle/AIX homogeneous system copy. I have been checking the process. I'm able to run my CONTROL.SQL standalone against my database with no issues. When the sapinst process runs against my database using the same file, I get the ORA-1194 errors when trying to open the database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How did you proceed to change the SID of your database ?

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

I would propose you repeat the copy procedure.

Make sure that the database had been shutdown correctly (not via shutdown abort).

If the problem persists though this is a case for support.

KR Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

AND also SID of Both the servers are different. like DEV and PRD