cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billing before delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

our requirement is that we want to create billing before create delivery document, without billing and customer payment in system, we can not create delivery or post goods issue.

regards

Gang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gang,

the standard process that comes closest to your process is Cash Sales. Read more about this process in the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/70/a7853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Remember one thing: The actual billing here (debit customer) can be done only AFTER PGI od the delivery. If you do not want that, then you shoud modify copy control VTFL and remove check that checks whether the delivery has been PGI'ed or not.

Regards

Nikhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhilesh,

I read the docs for cash order, find that there is a comment 'the system automatically proposes the current date as the date for delivery and billing'.

We do not want the system like that, can we change it?

The reason we need billing before delivery is that sometimes we delivery the goods but can not get money back.

regards

Gang

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN STANDARD SAP YOU CANT DO BILLING UNLESS DELIVERY COMPLETES.. BUT YOU HAVE OPTION ORDER RELATED BILLING F1 BILLING TYPE..IF DELIEVRY RELETED IS THERE BUT PROFORMA INVOICE F5/F8.BILLING TYPE..IF YOU WANT TOPROVIDE INVOICE BEFORE DELIEVRY YOU CAN USE PROFORMA INVOICE..IT DOESNT POST VALUES IN G/LACCOUNTS...ONCE YOU CREATE DELIEVRY THEN YOU CAN RAISE INVOICE..

REWARD IF IT HELPS

RAMKI

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you need is order related billing, so use item categories which have billing relavance "B" or "C". Then in copying requirements of sales order to delivery for the same item categories, put a requirement which checks on Billing status of sales order = if complete then create deliveries. Otherwise wait till billing process is complete. If you also want to check on payment, then add additional logic in the requirement.

Hope this helps.

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

thanks!

If some customers have deposit in our account, and our sale order reduces the amount of the deposit, how to do it?

regards

Gang

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, you just want to do delivery process just after Billing process is complete with an additional check of If the deposit is still there.. Let's say $10k deposit is there for customer XYZ. And there is a sales order for 9K, billing will be completed and deposit is going to be reduced to 1K. But still this order can be delivered as sales order is paid by the already available deposit. Now next order comes for another 9K. But only 1K is available as credit.. so if i understand it correctly, you don't want to process the delivery as it is not completely paid for. So, in copying routine in addition to billing check also check if that the deposit is there to pay for the invoiced value. If not don't do delivery.

Again, I don't have visiblity with your requirement completely but You can have copying requirement according to your business requirement.

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naren,

thanks, my scenario is same like your description.

If I understand right, all the requirements can be implemented by copy routine, so we need add some custom code in copy routine?

Do you have any sample?

thanks

Gang